We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cebu Pacific checked baggage dimensions

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 127
Cebu Pacific checked baggage dimensions

Hi everyone, we are booked on return flights from Manila to Caticlan with Cebu Pacific, I have got info on both the philippines forum and Cebu pacific website about the carry on luggage which is 5kg per person and the dimensions shouldn't be over 56x35x20 but I can't find any info if there are restrictions on the checked luggage dimensions. We usually take 2 medium sized suitcases but because the baggage allowance is only 10kgs per person I thought it would be better to take just one large suitcase for both of us as it is actually lighter than the medium sized suitcase and if we are overweight pay whatever it cost for the excess but I wouldn't like to arrive at Manila airport and be told the suitcase is too big for the small propeller plane to Caticlan. Also I've been told that the luggage doesn't always arrive on the same plane especially if the plane is full would a bigger suitcase be more liable to be shunted on to another plane? and if so when does the luggage arrive? I would be grateful if anyone can give me any info on this as I can't get an answer from Cebu customer service. thanks.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
reviews: 9
1. Re: Cebu Pacific checked baggage dimensions

Your medium or large samsonite-type hard travel case should be able to be loaded onto the ATR. No checked-in baggage dimensions are given by the airline for regular travel bags as the airline takes weight measurement as consideration. Passenegers buy set amount of weights for their travel.

I think, the luggage issue may occur if there is a large overseas group of tourist taking the same flight as you, so it is very hard to say whether it will happen until check-in for the flight. If the flight has mostly local holiday makers then it wouldn't be a problem as most of the locals would only check-in small bags for a few days of their getaway.

I have travelled on that route years ago on a Dash7 aircraft operated by Asian Spirit. No problem with my bags as I believe my flight back then was 90% locals.

I think they would send the bags to Kalibo Airport, which is the next closest airport to Boracay and it is 1-hr away by road. Flights from MNL to Kalibo Airport uses the A319/A320 aircrafts.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 127
2. Re: Cebu Pacific checked baggage dimensions

Thanks Kevin, in that case we'll go with the bigger case as the worse thing that can happen is it would arrive later on another flight, I was just worried that they would refuse to check it in.

3. Re: Cebu Pacific checked baggage dimensions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, May 01, 2014