We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Opodo flight booking service

reviews: 10
Opodo flight booking service

Has anyone else had problems with Opodo flight booking service ? I never received a confirmation. Then after 3 days they sent me an email saying half of my booking request was denied. They charge for customer service phone calls and are only available during abbreviated business hours on the weekends which is not viable to US citizens on the West coast. To top it off, they charged my credit card for Round Trip flights. Their customer service leaves much to be desired. I strongly urge US citizens to avoid using OPODO.

54 replies to this topic
Worthing, United...
reviews: 11
1. Re: Opodo flight booking service

Opodo used to be good, now they are part of e-dreams they are dreadful.

Sadly you should have researched them before you handed over your money and not afterwards.

Jackie

Norwich, United...
2. Re: Opodo flight booking service

I've dealt with them before, and never had an issue (though i don't have any experience of how they would resolve a problem).

But have heard a few negative things about them since Edreams took over, although i can't confirm if that's all true.

Just make sure you're ultra carefull before booking, and don't make any mistakes ! These 3rd party sites are horrendous when it comes to rectifying something.

Leicester, United...
3. Re: Opodo flight booking service

Hi, unable to help you from the details in your post. You can contact us via email at contact@opodo.co.uk.

Best regards

Opodo

Cheltenham, United...
4. Re: Opodo flight booking service

I too have experienced appalling service on three separate occasions. Each time I have received ambiguous e-mails about the status of my booking - all of which were for simple point-to-point flights. The call centre number often won't connect (too many calls?) and when I have go through I have had to wait for ages at 10p per minute. To cap it all, multiple requests have been made to my VISA account for payment - and not because I have re-booked or made a second requst. All in all, it's been dreadful service and I won't be using Opodo ever again - there are much better websites available.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 138
5. Re: Opodo flight booking service

Well at least they've come here asking you to contact them so you can sort it out. Let us know how it goes.

6. Re: Opodo flight booking service

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:45 am, January 19, 2014

UK
reviews: 88
7. Re: Opodo flight booking service

spam reported

London, United...
reviews: 23
8. Re: Opodo flight booking service

Why urge just US citizens to avoid them? Do you think in some way their bad service is limited to just Americans? By the amount of posts this forum receives on them, it does not appear they are discriminatory, they treat everyone equally badly.

Bangkok
reviews: 47
9. Re: Opodo flight booking service

Agree 100%. But not only US citizens... I suggest anyone outside the EU avoids them... useless. Expect to be stranded somewhere!!!

London, United...
10. Re: Opodo flight booking service

I booked a return flight to Italy through Opodo, and the final price on the final screen, when entering credit card details was GPB 149.62. They sent me an email confirmation within minutes, saying "Total amount paid today: GBP 149.62". When I checked my bank statement, the amount they actually took was GBP 154.97!!

I wrote to them to say they made a mistake, and they replied saying it was because of the Euro exchange rate. I have to say that Euro price and exchange rate were never mentioned during the online booking and payment process. They basically stole 5 pounds from me!! I know it's only 5 pounds, but stealing 5 pounds from each customer: this is how they make money!!!!

Shame on Opodo

Reply to: Opodo flight booking service
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted