We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scoot Thru

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 32
Scoot Thru

Hi,we booked our flights before Scoot Thru was introduced.We are flying Bangkok to Singapore,landing at 23.20...then Singapore to Sydney take off at 2.10.We tried to get scoot hru added to our tickets but they won't because we have 2 booking numbers.(we have emailed and spoken to them).You can get it added at the check in counter BUT we were told this would be at Singapore!!...I presume we do it at Bangkok,but can someone let me know

.Also it says by doing it at the airport we have to pay rebooking fees and price differences if we miss our flight.Is this the same price as buying a new ticket anyway?

From experience is our flight from bangkok usually delayed??

STRESSED AND WORRIED!!!!!

8 replies to this topic
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
reviews: 9
1. Re: Scoot Thru

1) You add Scoot-Thru in SIN, not BKK. B'cos all bags in BKK would be tagged to SIN anyway.

2) When you arrive in SIN, if you want to buy Scoot-Thru, go to Transfer Lounge E. But be warned that the processing time for Scoot-Thru is very slow at Transfer Lounge E unless you are the first few passengers in line.

3) So after you purchased Scoot-Thru and present you baggage tag from your BKK-SIN flight, they send someone to search and retrieve your bags from the Arrival Baggage Claim belt. They will re-tagged your bags to SYD. But be warned again that your bags may not arrived in SYD with you. They have a poor baggage handling process.

4) As you do not have Scoot-Thru in your original booking, and your tickets are booked seperately, each flight is treated as seperate. Buying Scoot-Thru in SIN will not guarantee that you will be able to board your SIN-SYD flight if your BKK-SIN is very delayed.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
2. Re: Scoot Thru

1) Do not be mistaken, I am not an employee for Scoot Airlines. So I am not able to help amend your booking that you have PM-ed me. I am just like another regular TA user here on these forums. I am only able to advise and offer some suggestions.

2) << Flight from Bangkok to Singapore and Singapore to Sydney, so these are on 2 different booking numbers.we want to add Scoot Thru and by email and phone have been told this is not possible.Why can't our flights be changed to one booking number?? >>

Airlines, whether full service or low cost carriers, cannot combine 2 seperate booking booking (or 2 PNR) into 1. They can only do a LINK in the system. To combine 2 into 1, that would be equal to the cancellation of the 2 bookings and re-book as one itinerary.

3) << We were told on the phone we can only get the fly thru at Singapore,not Bangkok..We have no connecting flight from Singapore. >>

Yes, you can get Scoot-Thru from Transfer Lounge E at SIN. I do not understand your comment about no connecting flight. Aren't you doing BKK-SIN and SIN-SYD with a 3-hr transfer window?

4) << On your website it says if purchased from the desk rebooking and fare difference applies if you miss your flight. Does the same apply if purchased at the check in counter?(the website has the asterix for this penalty definately only applying to the desk). >>

Unfortunately, only the airline themselves is able to to give you an answer to this.

5) This airline has a poor record for baggage handling. It would be safer to transfer your checked-in bags by yourself.

6) I would not recommend connecting flights using low cost airlines.

Sydney, Australia
3. Re: Scoot Thru

Thanks Kevin.

From a previous post which I now cannot find I thought you said you were a Customer Services employee...must have been mistaken.

You have cleared up a lot of my questions.When I said we do not have connecting flights I meant none from Singapore,as once we are there we only have 1 flight remaining.Is the Transit desk airside??Because if not we have to go through immigration to get to it??

Thanks anyway.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
4. Re: Scoot Thru

Yes, the Transfer Desk (they called "Transfer Lounge" at Changi Airport) is airside. This Changi Airport Terminal Map will be helpful ---> http://tinyurl.com/a2olkjf . T2 is the area shaded in yellow, and you should be able to see the area marked "E".

If you exit into landside, there will not be any Transfer Desk, instead you should be looking for Departure Check-In Counters. Scoot Check-In Counters are at Row 10 in T2. Check-In for Scoot strictly closes 60-mins prior to flight departure, which means you need to get to the counter by 00:40 (to be safe) for your SYD flight that departs at 02:10.

It is risky to buy a flight connection on a low cost carrier for same day travel. You must be fully aware of the possible consequences if one of your flight is terribly delayed. But I do hope that your flights would go well and on-time.

Coffs Harbour...
reviews: 137
5. Re: Scoot Thru

We used scoot thru last week, and we were the second people to arrive at transfer desk e (because we hurried). It still took 30-40 minutes to be finished there. In my now experienced position, i would say it would be quicker for your to exit via immigration and check in again. Remember every Scoot and Tiger airways flight uses the same ( 1 ) customer service agent at Transfer Desk E. This is operated by a seperate company and has nothing 'officially' to do with Scoot. Also, as you have 2 booking numbers, you do not get the guaranteed seat advantage in case of delay

Sydney, Australia
6. Re: Scoot Thru

Good news...Southern Cross Insurance cover us for missed flights,so no drama.

Coffs Harbour...
reviews: 137
7. Re: Scoot Thru

Good Luck with SCI. They, just like 99% of others WILL NOT cover missed flights unless it is due to an 'unexpected event'. This includes death of direct family/companion etc. An unexpected event is not a delayed aircraft (regardless of reason).

However, in any case, you are stressing over a very minor chance that you will miss a connection. You have alot of transit time in SIN, and this connection has only been missed on 1 out of 291 fights made on this route so far. That is a better average than SQ for the same route. Don't stress, relax and enjoy. We just got back in Sydney after 6 Scoot flights in the past 3 weeks. NO delays at all, and arrived early into Sydney today.

8. Re: Scoot Thru

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:35 pm, November 18, 2013

Reply to: Scoot Thru
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted