We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying Perth Australia to Budapest

Perth, Australia
2 posts
2 reviews
Flying Perth Australia to Budapest

Want to travel to Budapest in August 2014. Does anyone know the best/cheapest route to fly from Perth Western Australia?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
66,330 posts
12 reviews
1. Re: Flying Perth Australia to Budapest

It is totally impossible to know what might be on offer that far ahead.

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,383 posts
35 reviews
2. Re: Flying Perth Australia to Budapest

use www.kayak.com to get an idea of current routes/fares but dont depend on either of them being the same or even around the same for aug14

Edited: 10:57 pm, April 24, 2013
Perth, Australia
2 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Flying Perth Australia to Budapest

OK thinking I look out for a cheap flight to somewhere like Rome, Zurich or Paris then get an Easyjet flight from there to Budapest

UK
Level Contributor
47,733 posts
91 reviews
4. Re: Flying Perth Australia to Budapest

OK thinking I look out for a cheap flight to somewhere like Rome, Zurich or Paris then get an Easyjet flight from there to Budapest

=====

Leave a day between arrival and departure if you do that.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
10,499 posts
33 reviews
5. Re: Flying Perth Australia to Budapest

<<Leave a day between arrival and departure if you do that.>.

Why?

International flights from Australia on the legacy carriers are very reliable IME. And if for whatever reason the OP did miss their onward flight with say Easyjet or Ryanair they would be better off just to buy a new ticket rather than stay o/night in Rome.

I'll say it again - IMO there is far too much "nanna" advice on this forum about how to buy tickets.

OP I would try for Emirates to Rome - and then an LCC to Budapest.

I would also buy the ticket to Rome as soon as it is available. IME it will be cheapest then.

Emirates will take you there with just one stop. in Dubai

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
27,882 posts
74 reviews
6. Re: Flying Perth Australia to Budapest

Qatar fly Perth - Doha - Budapest.

On a 2 stop strategy KLM via amsterdam with the Perth to KUL sector probably on Malaysian Airlines. I dont think flying the last sector on a LCC will be that cost effective.

You could try Jetstar or Qantas to Singapore then a seperate booking on Qatar. On a random booking this August that runs at less than $1500 AUS. Pretty good considering Qatar are a 5 star rated carrier.

Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
37,504 posts
7 reviews
7. Re: Flying Perth Australia to Budapest

Why?

--------

How many flights a day do Ryanair/easyjet have a day?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
10,499 posts
33 reviews
8. Re: Flying Perth Australia to Budapest

Well actually looking at it more closely Easyjet dont fly that route at all - BUT there are lots of other options - and all would be better than going into Rome and paying for an o/night OR heaven forbid staying in a hotel at the airport. Have done that and its VERY expensive - and catching the train into the city is a PITA if you dont need to.

Anyway have to agree the Qatar option does look pretty good.

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,923 posts
9. Re: Flying Perth Australia to Budapest

Consider Qatar airways follow on Twitter @QATARAIRWAYS for any deals

PER - DOH - BUD

UK
Level Contributor
47,733 posts
91 reviews
10. Re: Flying Perth Australia to Budapest

How many flights a day do Ryanair/easyjet have a day?

=======

And how many of those are after your arrival (might be a dozen, might be none) and how much do they cost if bought on the day - I can fly LGW-EDI for £20 on Easyjet bought 6 months in advance, book it on the day could easily be £200 (or, to be fair, £50), so I think you are correct, perhaps the long gap is only needed for the return journey when you could miss an expensive flight back to Oz.