We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aer Lingus Vacation/ Flight Question

Saint Louis...
reviews: 8
Aer Lingus Vacation/ Flight Question

I've searched the forums, but can't find exactly what I'm looking for. We've booked a vacation package through Aer Lingus Vacations and received email documents with our flight times, confirmation number, flight number, etc. But, because it's not directly through Aer Lingus, we can't go to the website and look at our information (and I like to do that).

I guess what I'm wondering, from those of you that have done this, is how do we check in for our flight (I usually do online)? (We're flying out of O'Hare, if that matters, which I'm not at all familiar with). Is there anything different with this package than with "normal" tickets that we've printed out before. I don't think we'll actually have tickets to print.

I know I sound confused, because I guess I am! I just want it all to go right, it's an exciting trip for our family.

Thank you for any help!

Seattle, Washington
reviews: 85
1. Re: Aer Lingus Vacation/ Flight Question

No, you won't have paper tickets. You'll just have a confirmation number, that you use to check-in online. I have no experience with Aer Lingus vacations, but they didn't give you a confirmation number for the airline or your airline ticket numbers?

Edited: 5:57 pm, April 24, 2013
Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
reviews: 263
2. Re: Aer Lingus Vacation/ Flight Question

If you have the PNR (aka confirmation number, i.e. a 6 digits with letters and numbers - sometimes you'll see two on your documents, use then the airline's one), then you should be able to check your trip on either

https://www.checkmytrip.com/

or

https://www.viewtrip.com/

Saint Louis...
3. Re: Aer Lingus Vacation/ Flight Question

Thank you so much for your help, gracie and Swissdiver. I did try to look my confirmation number up on both of those sites, but neither could retrieve it. So, me being me (the worry wort), I just called the Vacation Store and asked about it. They said to check in online sometime in the 24 hours before and I can print boarding passes using the confirm. number. She doubled checked my number, also, just to make sure it was correct and everything came up as it should. I'll try to spend the next three weeks planning my trip instead of worrying now!

Thanks!

UK
reviews: 81
4. Re: Aer Lingus Vacation/ Flight Question

So, me being me (the worry wort), I just called the Vacation Store and asked about it. They said to check in online sometime in the 24 hours before and I can print boarding passes using the confirm. number. She doubled checked my number, also, just to make sure it was correct and everything came up as it should

========

Very. Unsatisfactory.

YOU should be able to go on the airline website and see all is well YOURSELF, not take this companies word for it, and I certainly wouldn't be waiting until just the day before when apparently something magical happens that lets you gain access.

Call the airline, give them all the details you have, see if they can see your flight. I presume you have ticket numbers and the like which will help them locate your booking ?

Whilst its different airlines entirely, a relative of mine had a flight booked on Virgin through Virgin Holidays, and VH spectacularly messed up the booking, so the fact its AL vacations wouldn't give me any confidence that they have done things correctly with AL, Id guess they operate as two entirely separate companies.

Edited: 5:44 pm, April 25, 2013
Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
5. Re: Aer Lingus Vacation/ Flight Question

Agree with Joe!

Aer Lingus use Amadeus (…wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_global_distribut…). So your booking must appear on https://www.checkmytrip.com/!

Edited: 6:19 pm, April 25, 2013
Saint Louis...
6. Re: Aer Lingus Vacation/ Flight Question

joe & Swiss,

I went back to the Aer Lingus website and logged in, but no bookings showed under my name, as I didn't make the booking through the website. BUT, I went to manage bookings, and there was a link for those who make bookings through travel agents, etc, and I used that and was able to find our booking using the confirmation number. I was able to add in our information (DOB, passport numbers, expiration dates, etc), and I think there are a few other things that you can do on there if you've booked through others.

I went back to Checkmytrip, and still can't find it there, but since it IS on the Aer Lingus site, that's much more reassuring.

Thank you!

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
7. Re: Aer Lingus Vacation/ Flight Question

Strange you can't see it on Checkmytrip... But since you could access your file on Aer Lingus website, I guess you're set...

Enjoy your trip!

UK
reviews: 81
8. Re: Aer Lingus Vacation/ Flight Question

I went back to Checkmytrip, and still can't find it there, but since it IS on the Aer Lingus site, that's much more reassuring.

==============

Indeed. Have a good trip.

9. Re: Aer Lingus Vacation/ Flight Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 28, 2014