We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Upgrading BA tickets bought through a TA

uk
reviews: 73
Upgrading BA tickets bought through a TA

I heard a rumour that BA tickets bought through a travel agent can now be upgraded.

Is this true?

If so, is it as simple as doing it through MMB?

UK
reviews: 83
1. Re: Upgrading BA tickets bought through a TA

"Yes", sometime last year, and "therefore it should be", in that order. But it is BA's website. So nothing is guaranteed :-)

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 125
2. Re: Upgrading BA tickets bought through a TA

You can only try.

Bracknell, United...
reviews: 11
3. Re: Upgrading BA tickets bought through a TA

You have to have paid the TA for the ticket in full and had your eticket issued I believe. Then you should get your code and be able to add it to MMB like any other flight.

uk
4. Re: Upgrading BA tickets bought through a TA

It is possible Bushbaby - even easier is to get your travel agent to add you BAEC number to the booking and it will appear in MMB automatically.

You can actually check the upgrade availability in MMB before ticketing, if the TA has entered your BAEC number when holding the ticket.

Bracknell, United...
reviews: 11
5. Re: Upgrading BA tickets bought through a TA

I actually tried it today but the flight wasn't showing on MMB even thought the TA confirmed both our Exec club numbers were entered on the booking. I then called BA who added it manually. But if I try to upgrade or book seats it tells me my eticket has not yet been issued and to contact my TA to pay for the flights to release the e-ticket to allow me to book seats/upgrade. MMB physically won't let me onto those screens and just displays the error message. Its weird cos if you book a flights and hotel package direct with BA you can access those features from as soon as the deposit has been paid.

uk
6. Re: Upgrading BA tickets bought through a TA

Strange - I'm Holding some flights for next month at the moment and Can see the upgrade price in MMB.

Odd about your TÁ too - Ón quite a few occassions I've seen the flight in MMB before by the TÁ has even emailer mé to say they've made the booking.

7. Re: Upgrading BA tickets bought through a TA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 12, 2014