We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flights rescheduled

Glasgow, Scotland...
flights rescheduled

Hello,

I've just had an email from Ethiad who we are flying with (all the way) from Manchester to Australia in june. they have rescheduled/cancelled and rebooked our connecting flight in Abu Dhabi 24 hours after the original flight was due to depart.

This might seem trivial to the airline but its a bit of an issue for us in terms of accommodation in Abu Dhabi and a lost day in oz. Do we just have to accept it and the associated costs??

UK
reviews: 88
1. Re: flights rescheduled

Are there alternate flights with them that would work better? sometimes a computer just reassigns flights and calling will get a better result. check on your other flight options first then call.

Edited: 5:56 pm, April 23, 2013
Seattle, Washington
reviews: 84
2. Re: flights rescheduled

Do we just have to accept it and the associated costs??

>>>>>>>>>

Yes. As joe said, you can cancel and get a refund if this won't work, but am guessing it would now be much more expensive to book with another carrier.

Belfast, United...
reviews: 3
3. Re: flights rescheduled

Just got similar email for flight to nz in 2 weeks! Hotline could be busy tomoro

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Авиапутешествия
reviews: 5
4. Re: flights rescheduled

Under EU261, the airline must offer you a **choice between** a full refund and alternative flights (the actual wording is " re-routing, under comparable transport conditions, to their final destination at the earliest opportunity; or re-routing, under comparable transport conditions, to their final destination at a later date at the passenger's convenience, subject to availability of seats.")

If the 24 hour stopover is airline imposed (and you accept it), they must also pay for accommodation and meals.

Article 5 (Cancellation) refers to Article 8 (Right to reimbursement or re-routing) - eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do…

If it's the AUH-Australia leg that's been cancelled, see if they can rebook you onto another flight to Oz, with a connection to your final destination. If it's the MAN-AUH that's cancelled, see if they can rebook you from London (and they will need to pay the transport costs to get you to LHR).

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Авиапутешествия
5. Re: flights rescheduled

@JayPeel,

If your flight has been cancelled 14 days or less before your scheduled departure, then you may also be entitled to compensation under EU261, unless they rebook you on flights very close to your scheduled departure and arrival times. The relevant section on the regulation is Article 5c (ii) - eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do…

Glasgow, Scotland...
6. Re: flights rescheduled

Hello usbusinesstraveller,

Thankyou for your very informative reply, I read article 9 which refers to the duty of care and responsibility for accommodation. does this apt in our case even though it's more than 2 weeks to departure? I'd accept the delay but it's the added and unexpected costs which seems unfair.

I'm not looking for compensation but we are travelling with a baby and that will be stressful enough without this and if I book accommodation what happens if they change the schedule again?

I'll call them tomorrow but it's useful to know what our rights are.

Thanks

central
7. Re: flights rescheduled

Check online before you call so you know what other, possibly better, options are available.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Авиапутешествия
8. Re: flights rescheduled

@Tarrybreeks (re #6),

Yes - the duty of care, and the obligation to give you a **choice** between a full refund and rebooking/rerouting at the earliest opportunity (they must offer both), does apply to cancellations more than 2 weeks out. It's only the compensation that doesn't apply - that kicks in at T minus 14 days.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Авиапутешествия
9. Re: flights rescheduled

You may also want to look at this thread. It appears others are having flights rescheduled and some of the rebookings don't make sense.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k6441016…

Belfast, United...
reviews: 3
10. Re: flights rescheduled

They have just tweeted saying technical issues around bookings and working to resolve ASAP.