We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

To Upgrade or not?

Lincolnshire
reviews: 5
To Upgrade or not?

Hi, we are travelling from London Heath Row to chicago ORD as part of our road trip & returning from san francisco to LHR with BA.

we are travelling economy but have been advised that it would be a good idea to go premium economy due to more leg room & wider seats.

depernding on costs would it be a good idea.

Aircraft boeing 777 going out & 747 return.

Any advice be well received.

Thank you.

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Destination Expert
for Poland
reviews: 42
1. Re: To Upgrade or not?

Heck yes - but only you can decide whether or not it's worth the cost

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 15
2. Re: To Upgrade or not?

It's a question that's not possible to answer even when knowing the price of the upgrade, let alone when we don't. The advantages are WT+ are explained on the BA website, only you can decide whether they're worth the price they are asking.

Milford, Ohio
reviews: 84
3. Re: To Upgrade or not?

Upgrade..... you won't know until you try it one time!

Ayr, Scotland
reviews: 6
4. Re: To Upgrade or not?

Might have been cheaper to book the upgraded seats at the time rather than afterwards as there may be change fees. However, keep checking MMB as there may be offers on reduced price upgrades.

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 14
5. Re: To Upgrade or not?

It's obviously a matter of personal choice - whats more important to you, the money or the benefits.

I would add a note of advice in that when you've moved up in class from say WT to WT+ or Club then it is hard to go backwards in the future (what you've never had you never missed etc) so bear that in mind in terms of your future flights.

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 7
6. Re: To Upgrade or not?

That's for sure Tom ;-) My sister had only ever flown economy to the UK, until last year when we flew with Etihad and had 3 legs in First and 1 in Business class. We resolved not to even fly Business class anymore, let alone economy, haha :) That's one resolution I'm absolutely determined to keep!

Hong Kong, China
reviews: 126
7. Re: To Upgrade or not?

To upgrade or not? -- Never a reason to say no!

Make the journey as comfortable for you as possible. Go the upgrade, enjoy your extra space, welcome drink etc, but you will never be able to sit in economy again :)

Lincolnshire
reviews: 5
8. Re: To Upgrade or not?

Thank you all for your input, cost is taken into account but i am looking in to it to see how much of a difference it is going to make on our budget.

UK
Destination Expert
for North Wales
reviews: 34
9. Re: To Upgrade or not?

I got a WT+ upgrade Heathrow to Sydney for £250 , they were offering these at check in.

Worth every penny.

manila
reviews: 88
10. Re: To Upgrade or not?

My rule of thumb is if the flight is 6 hours or more, look for all opportunities to upgrade.