We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Embraer 175

Tempe, Arizona
reviews: 66
Embraer 175

I'm looking to fly into Montreal from Phoenix, no nonstop flights, all carriers make one stop. I've noticed the second leg is on an Embraer 175 or similar model regardless of carrier.

I've never heard of this aircraft or even the manufacturer - seems odd why all flights in on it. Thoughts? Experience on this aircraft or itinerary?

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
reviews: 49
1. Re: Embraer 175

Everything you wanted to know and more:

https:/…Embraer_E-Jet_family

It will be a flight to be endured rather than enjoyed. Be thankful the entire flight isn't on one.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Travel Gadgets and Gear
reviews: 202
2. Re: Embraer 175

Embraer is a Brazilian aerospace company. Its short-range shuttle aircraft have been used by major domestic carriers in the U.S. for many years. Most U.S. carriers seem to have gravitated more to Bombardier CRJ aircraft in recent years but Shuttle America is flying them for United and Republic for Frontier, I think. I was actually on a 170 last night with Shuttle America/UA and was actually super impressed with the spaciousness for a regional jet. I'm guessing that would be a PHX-DEN leg where you're finding it. I wouldn't worry about it. Great company and great aircraft.

Have fun.

Tempe, Arizona
reviews: 66
3. Re: Embraer 175

Interesting. Actually, the St. Paul to Montreal leg is on the smaller jet, 737-300 on the Phoenix leg.

South Pole
reviews: 39
4. Re: Embraer 175

be ready to gate check any oversized carryon.

London
reviews: 34
5. Re: Embraer 175

I'm also a fan of the Embraer 175/195 which are used by several European airlines for short-haul flights, including British Airways' Cityflyer subsidiary based at London City Airport.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
6. Re: Embraer 175

Which airline?

I've flown the EMB-175 with Air Canada, Toronto-Portland (a long flight), and the AC set up was very pleasant. But that's AC, who also have a very good configuration and legroom on their CRJs as well.

Toronto, Canada
7. Re: Embraer 175

The ERJ-170 and ERJ-190 series are indeed quite nice -- there's even enough room in the overhead bins for full-size carry-ons (if put in sideways). Seat pitch and other amenities depend on the airline, of course.

I bet a lot of people who shudder at the thought of an Embraer plane are thinking of the awful 3-across ERJ-140 series, which is flown by a number of US regional carriers.

Fortaleza, CE
reviews: 348
8. Re: Embraer 175

Odd? Embraer has been flying in the U.S. and other countries for years. I've flown on them in the U.S. and Australia. One country I haven't flown them is Brazil.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Travel Gadgets and Gear
reviews: 202
9. Re: Embraer 175

Curious which carrier are you using on the MSP-YUL leg that's flying the Embraer?

Fortaleza, CE
reviews: 348
10. Re: Embraer 175

…usatoday.com/flights/…1