We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying to Brussels in Mid September, when to book?

Dallas, Texas
Flying to Brussels in Mid September, when to book?

I will be flying into Brussels in mid September and I was wondering how far out I should book my ticket to find the cheapest air fare? Should I book now or wait till say June or July?

Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
1. Re: Flying to Brussels in Mid September, when to book?

Nobody will know;-)

Dallas, Texas
2. Re: Flying to Brussels in Mid September, when to book?

But there is usually windows of time before international flights where flights reach their cheapest rates before going back up?

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
3. Re: Flying to Brussels in Mid September, when to book?

Hans is correct. If I were you I'd start looking at flight options using Matrix, and if you see a good fare, book it directly with the airline. Don't be tempted by any of the "cheap" online bookers as they very often don't end up cheaper (phantom fares advertized, terrible customer service, etc).

http://matrix.itasoftware.com

Remember that airfares can go down after you book, so once you do, just don't check the fares again. Take a look at the top question on the right hand side called "What's with these screwy ticket prices? Buy now or later?"

Nannup, Australia
reviews: 23
4. Re: Flying to Brussels in Mid September, when to book?

If these magical 'windows of time' actually exist, they are created by the airlines on a flight by flight basis depending on the forward bookings for any given flight. If a flight is selling well it is unlikely that a 'window' will open; if not selling well then you might get lucky., but nobody here could tell you when that might be.

5. Re: Flying to Brussels in Mid September, when to book?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 24, 2014