We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

'Tiger Connect' transfer at Changi

Perth
reviews: 4
'Tiger Connect' transfer at Changi

Has anyone used the new 'Tiger connect' transfer system at Changi where you get your next boarding pass in transfer lounge E on arrival? Any problems?

Thanks for your input.

Shoalhaven...
reviews: 151
1. Re: 'Tiger Connect' transfer at Changi

No problems and hassles free for us. However some have reported lost/delayed baggage as it is 'stored' with a third party while you are transiting.

We did need to line up for about 1hr, which meant it would have been quicker to exit customs and re-checkin.

however, a great idea in theory

Perth
reviews: 4
2. Re: 'Tiger Connect' transfer at Changi

Thanks for the info Douglass4. We have a three hour wait for our connecting flight to Bangkok so I don't forsee any problems.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 139
3. Re: 'Tiger Connect' transfer at Changi

You might get some info regarding this from the latest reviews on the airlinequality website.

www.airlinequality.com

Perth
reviews: 29
4. Re: 'Tiger Connect' transfer at Changi

Just considering giving Tiger a go in an effort to avoid what must be the worst transit experience in the world (Air Asia's LCCT in KL) as we frequently travel between Perth and Asia. At this terminal, there is no air-con, horrible toilets, irritating and incessant overhead announcements and you are prematurely herded into a corral where there is inadequate seating for the number of passengers travelling on any given flight. Can anyone give a comparison between that and what Tiger are offering in Changi please? The air fares are comparable.

Shoalhaven...
reviews: 151
5. Re: 'Tiger Connect' transfer at Changi

Changi vs KL LCCT? That is like Lobster vs Whitebait (though some like whitebait).

In all honesty, if prices are similar, then changi is no doubt the best option. Also, as SCOOT now fly from Perth to Singapore you now have a great choice of Low Cost options

Edited: 12:26 am, February 02, 2014
Perth
reviews: 29
6. Re: 'Tiger Connect' transfer at Changi

Ok thank you - I have been to Changi airport before. I just wondered if the low cost carriers were utilising some 'back-end' area of it to keep the costs down. If Tiger is using the same facilities of the int'l airport used by Singapore Airlines, I'll be very happy!

7. Re: 'Tiger Connect' transfer at Changi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, February 04, 2015