We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airline changed flight date, 1 person can't travel

Shropshire
reviews: 28
Airline changed flight date, 1 person can't travel

Just received an email saying that my flight back from Lima to London has been cancelled. I can choose from two options: day before or day after. Day before I can't go due to the travel arrangements and day after my daughter can't go (she has an A level exam). Is it possible to cancel reservation for my daughter only? We are family of 4 travelling on the same reservation. Thanks for reply.

Illinois
reviews: 16
1. Re: Airline changed flight date, 1 person can't travel

You'd need to call the airline (you don't say which one). I would expect them to be able to split out your daughter's reservation and possibly to put her on the day before and the rest of you on the day after, but I've never tried that. I found Delta to be moderately helpful when my flight was cancelled on the day of travel a few weeks ago (although they wouldn't put me on the only flight that was scheduled to arrive at about the same time as my original flight as one of the legs only had a business seat available).

Worthing, United...
reviews: 11
2. Re: Airline changed flight date, 1 person can't travel

Hi

We had that with Easyjet two years ago, a reservation for seven, five of us flew out the night before and the other two the next night. No problem whatsoever.

Lufthansa did a refund for a ten minute change and got Ryanair refunds for two flights which had changed time by about two hours.

Unless of course you are talking package tour.

Jackie

Shropshire
reviews: 28
3. Re: Airline changed flight date, 1 person can't travel

hi, good news Air Europa changed our reservation with no problems. Three of us are flying next day and my daughter reservation has been cancelled as she cannot travel any of days. We should get refund within 8 weeks.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 137
4. Re: Airline changed flight date, 1 person can't travel

Glad you got it sorted.

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
reviews: 46
5. Re: Airline changed flight date, 1 person can't travel

None of my business, certainly, but I am curious how your daughter is getting back from Lima to London?

Atlanta, Georgia
6. Re: Airline changed flight date, 1 person can't travel

Sounds as though the daughter is now not going at all but staying in London (or Shropshire)

7. Re: Airline changed flight date, 1 person can't travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 22, 2014