We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vietnam Airlines

Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 4
Vietnam Airlines

Hi

I'm looking at booking flights from Sydney to Frankfurt for travel in August.

Can anyone give me any feed back on this Airline good or bad? It is very hard to find any reviews.

Many thanks!

Watford, United...
reviews: 12
1. Re: Vietnam Airlines

There are some reviews here www.airlinequality.com/Forum/vietnam.htm

Brisbane, Australia
2. Re: Vietnam Airlines

Thank you!

Portland, Oregon
reviews: 38
3. Re: Vietnam Airlines

VN is just fine for domestic travel within Vietnam, but I would never ever book them for long haul! You will be uncomfortable.

Brisbane, Australia
4. Re: Vietnam Airlines

Thank you!

Redcliffe
reviews: 1
5. Re: Vietnam Airlines

I flew to Vietnam out of Melbourne about 6 years ago and it was the trip from hell. Packed solid, lots babies/children, but very limited leg room for even an average female. The crew appeared disinterested/almost rude, and when I had my foot run over by the metal food trolley because it protruded slightly onto the isle, there was not even an apology.

I dreaded the return trip - and totally different story. Pleasant staff and a very up to date aircraft with a camera in nose so passengers could watch take-off and lining up the runway up for landing. I got an extremely cheap airfare at time so figured you get what you pay for. Good luck!

Brisbane, Australia
6. Re: Vietnam Airlines

Great feedback and a little as I thought. Thank you!

Hong Kong, China
reviews: 119
7. Re: Vietnam Airlines

The only airline I've ever flown (albeit this was domestic, not long-haul, but that shouldn't make a difference) where the crew didn't care about passengers getting up and using the toilet during take-off and landing.

They've also never managed to get my vegetarian meals on board... not great for long haul flights when all there is to eat is a bread roll and fruit :(

I personally would choose a different carrier, though it's up to you with regards to how much you think more comfort is worth.

Check skyscanner.net to see fares for your dates.

Brisbane, Australia
8. Re: Vietnam Airlines

Thanks so much. I will check that out..

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 126
9. Re: Vietnam Airlines

I agree, Vietnam is ok for domestic but there would have to be a very big difference in price for me to fly international with them.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 126
10. Re: Vietnam Airlines

Also check the matrix website to see if there are better airlines flying the same route that are roughly the same price:

http://matrix.itasoftware.com