We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A380 Malaysia Airlines in Business Class - Any feedback?

Auckland Region...
reviews: 80
A380 Malaysia Airlines in Business Class - Any feedback?

i understand that MA now fly to london or paris using A380. Wondered if anyone had any feedback? i flew A380 with Korean last year in business, and wondered if it was the same.

Thanks in advance.

34 replies to this topic
Auckland Region...
1. Re: A380 Malaysia Airlines in Business Class - Any feedback?

thank you.

Auckland Region...
2. Re: A380 Malaysia Airlines in Business Class - Any feedback?

bump

London, United...
reviews: 7
3. Re: A380 Malaysia Airlines in Business Class - Any feedback?

Hi, I am just back from KL on Malaysia A380, the business class service and cabin is fantastic.

Very spacious seat, completely flat when on sleep position!

The business cabin is divided into two parts, both ways I travel in the forward cabin which is smaller and better.

The cabin crews are better in many ways to many airlines, very friendly and attentive to passengers every needs.

The food was better on the outbound trip from London.

All business passengers have the possibility to pre order their food in advance, on line from an extensive menu.

There is also lots of snacks available during the flight.

The entertainment system is very good with a large choice of films to watch.

Overall, I would fly again on MAS and give them 10/10!

Enjoy your trip!

Auckland Region...
4. Re: A380 Malaysia Airlines in Business Class - Any feedback?

Thanks Very much! Just saw your reply.!

Australia
reviews: 42
5. Re: A380 Malaysia Airlines in Business Class - Any feedback?

Thanks too nouly - flying out in August and only wanted an airline that had pure flatbed - the A380 had just been put on for the Paris route but was concerned with some of the YouTube videos as looked like a slight angle :D

Can't wait :D and sounds like your planning another trip too hemikiwi.....wish they still had optiontown was cheaper then ;)

Hong Kong, China
reviews: 138
6. Re: A380 Malaysia Airlines in Business Class - Any feedback?

Just wanted to check if the forward cabin is too noisy, being close to the galley?

London, United...
reviews: 7
7. Re: A380 Malaysia Airlines in Business Class - Any feedback?

not at all. seats 7A & C are excellent!

Hong Kong, China
8. Re: A380 Malaysia Airlines in Business Class - Any feedback?

Going to resurrect this thread to give my impressions of MH A380 business class.

The A380 seats are much, much better than the A330 business class product-- the bed is fully flat (MH are way behind the competition by using angled lie-flat seats on their A330!), and there is a lot of storage space if you're sitting in a window seat. Loved the smaller forward cabin, very small and intimate. The crew were very nice and personable at the boarding stage, but I felt that after take-off it was just very routine. Crew, however, on our A330 flight noticed my companion was a bit under the weather, which was nice, so it all depends on the individual, I guess.

On our A380 flight we were not given amenities kit-- are they not given out for daytime flights? I had to ask for a toothbrush. Also, we were not given the menu unlike our A330 flight-- instead the crew came around taking orders and we could look at it then. This felt on the spot-- one should never feel this in business class. Food good. Also, the food service was quite limited, just one service which is like what Emirates do on their short BKK-HKG route, not a longer flight like this.

I also fly Emirates often and I don't know about Malaysia Airlines... I just wasn't left feeling as spoilt as I am on an Emirates flight. No Godiva chocolates, no lavish meals, no amenity kit, thinner blanket than on the A330... the fare was also very good, but I'm not sure Malaysia Airlines is up there with the big kids on the block. I'm not a demanding passenger, but I just felt underwhelmed.

Comfortable flight, yes. I arrived rested and safe. However, as I said, underwhelming.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 159
9. Re: A380 Malaysia Airlines in Business Class - Any feedback?

Thanks for your review, I haven't flown Malaysia only emirates which was pretty wonderful and as you say it's the little things like the Godiva chocolates that make you feel pampered.

Hong Kong, China
10. Re: A380 Malaysia Airlines in Business Class - Any feedback?

Hi Chrella,

Malaysia Airlines were much cheaper than the likes of Emirates, Singapore etc on this route so in one sense it was value for money. The lounges were fine, but again nowhere up to the decadence of Emirates lounges. Crew didn't make the bed on the night flight. It was the little touches that I missed, like the Godiva chocolates! Yes I can always purchase them duty free but it's a nice little treat to enjoy at a particular stage of the flight.

Not being given our own menus on the A380 was quite vexing, actually. Really didn't give us time to make a decision about the meal in an unhurried fashion. That's forgivable in economy, not in business.

I know Malaysia Airlines have been doing a lot of cost-cutting but I don't expect it to be seen so much in the premium cabins. Also, if your premium offerings are going to be less decadent than, say, emirates, your crew need to shine more and I don't really feel they did.

Keep flying emirates, you're not missing much on MH :)

Reply to: A380 Malaysia Airlines in Business Class - Any feedback?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted