We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Frontier Airlines

Minnesota
reviews: 16
Frontier Airlines

I'm planning a vacation to OR in Aug. We are taking AMTRAK out but flying back. So far Frontier Airlines is offering the best price. I've never used them. HELP. Anything I should be aware of before committing?

133 replies to this topic
Seattle, Washington
reviews: 91
1. Re: Frontier Airlines

Put the correct name on the tickets? Make sure it's the right date? I don't think you need to particularly worry about anything special with Frontier.

Pacifica, California
Destination Expert
for Pacifica
reviews: 4
2. Re: Frontier Airlines

I've flown on Frontier and thought they were pretty good.

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
reviews: 70
3. Re: Frontier Airlines

We have flown on Frontier a number of times and always had great experiences. I wouldn't worry at all.

Jenkintown...
reviews: 72
4. Re: Frontier Airlines

We flew to Punta Cana last week on Frontier (Apple Tours uses Frontier's jets). Flights were on time. If you can, request seats that are next to the emergency exits. You'll have twice the leg room.

Colorado Springs...
reviews: 21
5. Re: Frontier Airlines

I flew Frontier for the first time last week to Costa Rica. I paid extra for their highest fare (Classic Plus) with advanced seating selection (3rd row) and some other amenities that I did not use. Legroom was good and flights were on time. The plane and the service and pretty much everything else felt low-budget like Southwest. On the 5 hour return flight the video system did not work and the crew seemed very testy. I was asked to move my small carry-on from the bin above me to a bin further back "because there is no overhead bin for row 1 and they might need that space." The bins on the opposite side of rows 1 and 2 were mostly empty and remained that way, but I was forced to put my bag in the bin for row 4 anyway. This sounds nit-picky but if you travel frequently you know that this is the kind of nonsense that adds up and delays departures and arrivals.

Overall I would look for a different airline if you care about comfort, service, and enjoyable travel. If you are fine with airlines like Southwest then Frontier may be your ticket.

Saint Gabriel...
reviews: 55
6. Re: Frontier Airlines

We recently flew Frontier for the first time from New Orleans, LA to Denver, CO. When we checked in the staff were accommodating to make sure that my partner had a window seat and we sat together. In flight the attendants were professional and friendly. We were in Zone 2 which has a little extra leg room but not much. Things to look out for with Frontier: July 1st they will begin charging for what are now complimentary beverages (Pepsi products) and at some point if you book through a discount website you will be paying a carry on baggage fee.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
7. Re: Frontier Airlines

Frontier are transitioning to an ultra low cost carrier. So read their website very carefully for additional fees. It doesn't make them a bad airline, just that you need to be aware of what your ticket gets you and what it doesn't. Their latest fee is for carry-ons in the overhead bin, but you can avoid that by booking direct with the airline.

cntraveler.com/daily-traveler/2013/05/fronti…

Edited: 2:59 pm, May 06, 2013
Central NJ
reviews: 2
8. Re: Frontier Airlines

If I book "economy"..can we choose our seat in advance. we are a family of 4 with kids so want to be sure we are seated together. We also are a little leary of booking with them. They are half the cost from NJ to Orlando than United!!! But I worry if there is a delay of any kind how soon would we fly. When returning from Orlando the morning flight is they only one that day. Also they are the only carrier that leaves from the airport in nj, so if there is a delay/cancellation...no alternatives!! Are they dependable?? Would love to save this amount of money :)!!

Mosier, Oregon
reviews: 4
9. Re: Frontier Airlines

I just flew round trip Oregon to Florida and Frontier as a "Classic Plus" passenger. Really they're just another cheapskate airline with hard seats and filthy tray tables. On the 4 hour flight FLL to Denver there was some kind of problem wherein they had no snacks on board for any price. And don't count on any free snack or TV or movie or magazine or even SkyMall. You will get a free sales pitch to sign up for the Frontier Airlines credit card, though.

Houston, Texas
reviews: 298
10. Re: Frontier Airlines

I was wondering about this airline as well. They seem to be as cheap as Spirit. Do they nickle and dime you as well?

Reply to: Frontier Airlines
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted