We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Virgin Atlantic Premium economy

UK
Virgin Atlantic Premium economy

Anyone flown on this to the Caribbean recently?

Trying to find out what's on the menu to see if I need to order a special meal or not.

UK
reviews: 88
1. Re: Virgin Atlantic Premium economy

What does their website say? Or customer care at Virgin. Even if someone had a fabulous memory, and could recall all items on the menu, you'd have no way of knowing if that's the menu that will be available when you fly,

And you don't know that if there is, say fish or chicken, and you can only eat fish as you are allergic to feathers, that there will be any fish on your flight by the time the trolley gets to you.

Bottom line; If there is something you specifically want, or must avoid, order a special meal.

Llandudno North...
reviews: 17
2. Re: Virgin Atlantic Premium economy

"and you can only eat fish as you are allergic to feathers"

Lol.

:-)

UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
reviews: 69
3. Re: Virgin Atlantic Premium economy

All you can be sure of is that it will be more edible than it used to be, but there will be less of it. And that the food on the way back to the UK will be dreadful, regardless of what class you travel in. Catering originating in the Caribbean leaves a LOT to be desired.

If you have specific dietary requirements, or are travelling with children, then order a special meal. If you're just trying to beat the system and get something different, or get served first, it's not really worth it any more.

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Destination Expert
for Poland
reviews: 42
4. Re: Virgin Atlantic Premium economy

Best advice for anyone flying any airline, any destination, in economy or premium econ is to stock up before you board. A nice hot meal is welcome, and yes there's the "I paid for it" argument, but just in case ... pick up some sandwiches and snacks in Departures, or bring some from home, and if the onboard food is not to your taste just tuck into your own supply and drink their coffee! Remember that you may have to leave your leftovers on the plane or in a rubbish bin before you clear, as there are often restrictions on carrying food into foreign counrtries.

romford
reviews: 3
5. Re: Virgin Atlantic Premium economy

Hi,

I agree with John above. Although we always fly Premium, I always take a sandwich and a few nibbles to eat on the aircraft as I either find the meals not to be to my taste or they don't fill me up ... and I'm not a big eater although hubby is:)

Washington DC...
reviews: 11
6. Re: Virgin Atlantic Premium economy

Can't address Virgin particularly, but I remember ordering a "special meal" (vegan) once on Air France thinking it would be better than the run of the mill fare. WRONG! I especially remember getting an apple for dessert while everyone else got napoleans - same for other courses. Unless you have a religious/medical reason, take note! (of course it was AF!)

7. Re: Virgin Atlantic Premium economy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 13, 2014