We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6 hours in Atlanta airport

Belfast, United...
reviews: 6
6 hours in Atlanta airport

hi we are travelling Dublin -Orlando with a young family but have a 6hr connecting time in Atlanta,can anyone recomend what to do on our wait we will already have cleared customs in Dublin..thanx Gary

Limerick, Ireland
1. Re: 6 hours in Atlanta airport

you could take the train down town

see......ITSMARTA.COM /

CNN's global H.Q is at 190 MARIETTA St 30303

Edited: 7:24 am, April 10, 2013
UK
reviews: 84
2. Re: 6 hours in Atlanta airport

Dont forget to allow time for the security queues getting back into the terminal. And you'll have all your hand luggage to cart around unless there is somewhere it can be stored.

EDIT: Rick, why do you not work out how to post a website link thats actually useable? I haven't seen a single one of your "see here" posts that is clickable. Copy the link from the address bar in the browser, not from other TA posts.

Edited: 7:51 am, April 10, 2013
Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 127
3. Re: 6 hours in Atlanta airport

I would get all the info that you need to go into the town but wait until you arrive to see exactly just how much time you really have, especially as you have kids with you. Also check out the kids club on the Atlanta airport website.

www.atlanta-airport.com/kids/club.html

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
reviews: 73
4. Re: 6 hours in Atlanta airport

See my response to your question on the Atlanta forum. Atlanta Destination Expert rackensack has written a fantastic article detailing your options during a layover.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
reviews: 73
5. Re: 6 hours in Atlanta airport

Rather than sending you on a scavenger hunt, here's the article I mentioned:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g60898-c97240/Atlanta…

Pittsburgh...
reviews: 59
6. Re: 6 hours in Atlanta airport

For me personally, I would not leave the airport when you only have 6 hours. Because security lines can be so long, the will easily knock off two hours of your available time.

Atlanta is a great airport to spend some time in. In Terminal F they have duty free, Coach, Mac Cosmetics, and a lot of other really cool shops. There is also Lacoste, Keihls, Ferragamo, Sean John, Reebok, Brooks Brothers, etc.

There is a really great place to get a gourmet meal: One Flew South.

In the underground walkway between terminals T, A, B, C, D there are historical and art exhibits.

7. Re: 6 hours in Atlanta airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 12, 2014