We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Toronto to Barcelona August 2013

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 1
Toronto to Barcelona August 2013

I have never flown to Europe and am wondering from those who fly peak times what price is ok to pay? Currently I can find $1350 round trip through air Canada. Direct there and one stop on return. We are going on a cruise so or dates are not flexible.... Last 2 weeks of august.

Air Transat offers a flight direct both ways for 1084 but we would have one night in Barcelona before flying back. I have heard negative things about their seat widths and spacing though.

Thanks in advance for your input. :)

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
reviews: 263
1. Re: Toronto to Barcelona August 2013

I guess there is no one straight answer to your question. You might want to play a but with tools such as http://www.kayak.com to find out other possible routes. Then don't do the mistake of buying your ticket through a third party. Do it directly from the selected airline's website.

Hope this helps

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 1
2. Re: Toronto to Barcelona August 2013

I guess what I would like to hear is 'Yes that is typical summer pricing.' Or 'There are usually sales up to 6 weeks prior.' Or 'That is higher than I have ever paid in my last 8 trips during August.'

People that have said it is expensive are usually referring to off season travel.

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 40
3. Re: Toronto to Barcelona August 2013

Thats a reasonable price...In summer I *usually* pay between 1600 and 2000+ from Calgary on Air Canada. Sales are unlikely in July and August - but as with all things travel related, you never know.

For a long flight I would go with Air Canada for a bit more comfort in economy. Unless the AC flight is on Rouge (the new no-frills line of AC) because I believe those planes are going to be pretty snug. There is nothing wrong with Air Transat except it is sort of cramped.

Worthing, United...
reviews: 22
4. Re: Toronto to Barcelona August 2013

I've found air transat absolutely fine, and that extra (almost) $300 is gonna be a lot of extra spends onboard

5. Re: Toronto to Barcelona August 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 12, 2014