We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clearing Customs & Immigration at PHL

Israel
reviews: 1
Clearing Customs & Immigration at PHL

Our USAIR flight from Europe is scheduled to land at 5:10am and the connecting flight to Miami departs at 7:45.

Is it enough time to clear customs & immigration and reach the gate in terminal B ?

(the inbound flight usually lands in time at terminal A)

Another question regarding the immigration process.

I have a B1/B2 Visa and I'm travelling with my son (23) who is a US citizen. Can we go to the citizens line ? (one customs form for both of us so we have to stick together)

Israel
1. Re: Clearing Customs & Immigration at PHL

I can see no comments were posted.

This morning for instance the same flight landed at 5:55am (45 min late) so I wonder if in such case there is sufficient time to go through customs & immigration and still make it to the connecting flight at terminal B ?

Limerick, Ireland
2. Re: Clearing Customs & Immigration at PHL

see.........cbp.gov /

Israel
3. Re: Clearing Customs & Immigration at PHL

According to the CBP wait-time report, the max wait time in PHL between 5am to 7am is 28 minutes.

After clearing customs, are we still air side or do we need to go via security again before arriving at the connecting gate in terminal B ?

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 127
4. Re: Clearing Customs & Immigration at PHL

We had a connecting flight to cancun with only 50 minutes transit time in PHL and had to collect our luggage to put it through a security check but it was very quick end efficient and we didn't have a problem but in any case if you're booked on a through ticket if your incoming flight is late and you do miss the connection it's the airlines problem to get you on the next available flight so at least uou don't have to buy a new ticket.

Israel
5. Re: Clearing Customs & Immigration at PHL

My connecting flight is also with USAIR so I'm not worried about buying another ticket, but rather I wanted to know if I have a reasonable chance of making the connecting flight in time. I know that early morning arrivals sometimes incur long lines at the immigration check point cause only very few inspection stations are active.

Frankfurt, Germany
reviews: 3
6. Re: Clearing Customs & Immigration at PHL

2.5 hours should be enough.

You will clear immigraiton, pick up your bags, clear customs, drop your bags off right after the customs check point and then you will pass a security check point.

If you should miss your connection due to a delay of your first flight, US Airways (don't try looking for USAir) should rebook you on the next available flight free of charge. But you should be all right.

Israel
7. Re: Clearing Customs & Immigration at PHL

Can anyone tell me if it is OK to stand in the citizens line when clearing immigration if one of us is a US citizen and the other one not ?

Frankfurt, Germany
8. Re: Clearing Customs & Immigration at PHL

I've seen non-US citizens with US-citizen kids using the citizen lane, but that was with little/underage children. I don't know if you can do that with your adult kids.

There is usually an officer around where the line starts, just approach him and ask him which lane you should use.

UK
reviews: 87
9. Re: Clearing Customs & Immigration at PHL

Dont know about PHL but reports from other airports in the US are saying that since the sequester, seperate citizen/alien lines have gone and its one queue for everyone irrespective of nationality. Let us know what happens.

Frankfurt, Germany
10. Re: Clearing Customs & Immigration at PHL

<Dont know about PHL but reports from other airports in the US are saying that since the sequester, seperate citizen/alien lines have gone and its one queue for everyone irrespective of nationality. Let us know what happens.>

Where did you read that? Do you have some kind of reference? Because that's hard to imagine.