We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomson Travel Flight Delays

ireland
reviews: 2
Thomson Travel Flight Delays

When coming back from Gran Canaria to Dublin(in early January) on a Thomson flight we arrived in the airport to be told of a 6 hour delay which turned into an 18 hour delay. I was put out, but thought that maybe it was a one off.

However earlier today my friend arrived to the airport in Lanzarote for a Thomson flight to be informed of a 6 hr delay .........

Is there a pattern here for Thomson??

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 34
1. Re: Thomson Travel Flight Delays

All airlines have delays. Why should there be a pattern?

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 14
2. Re: Thomson Travel Flight Delays

"Is there a pattern here for Thomson??" - I doubt if 2 delayed flights over a 3 month period from 2 different airports could ever be considered a pattern.

ireland
3. Re: Thomson Travel Flight Delays

So u reckon they have only has 2 delays on Canaries flights since January?

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 34
4. Re: Thomson Travel Flight Delays

All airlines have delayed flights. They are part of travel.

Watford, United...
reviews: 12
5. Re: Thomson Travel Flight Delays

So u reckon they have only has 2 delays on Canaries flights since January?

==============

No, there have no doubt been many more. Delays are never good but this is airline travel.

You can attempt to claim compensation in some circumstances if it really grates.

ireland
6. Re: Thomson Travel Flight Delays

Thanks for your input. Its not that I think airline delays are so rare - I have travelled a lot through my work and met my fair share of hold ups.

It is the 6-18 hour delays that are unusual. I felt that Thomson treated this delay as almost routine. At the start of my holiday there were problems with the flights to/from the ski resorts and this had a knock on effect on the Canary Island flights. And at the end of my holiday, a week later, the delays were still happening - so they were not unforeseen by the travel company. So when a pal of mine met a similar delay from the Canaries it set me wondering if this is just coincidence or a pattern in the Thomson way of flying.

So I will think twice before traveling with them again.

7. Re: Thomson Travel Flight Delays

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, April 10, 2014