We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jet2 hand baggage

Newcastle upon...
Jet2 hand baggage

I'm travelling with jet2 for the first time shortly and as I'm only going for 4 nights have opted to have hand luggage only. However, after checking-in online my booking form says that only one item of hand luggage may be taken and that 'hats and handbags' must go in that one item. I was planning on taking a basket with me as well which would hold all the stuff usually in my handbag but it would appear that I can't do this. Am I really meant to have to get my case down from the lockers and take my purse or whatever I need out and then lug it back up again. I usually travel with Easyjet and have never had a problem having a case in the locker and my personal handbag on my knee. Has anyone else come across this. Thanks in advance.

40 replies to this topic
madeira
Destination Expert
for Funchal, Madeira, Madeira Islands
reviews: 25
1. Re: Jet2 hand baggage

Why not put a small bag in your hand luggage so that you can take it out after security and keep with you when on the plane.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 73
2. Re: Jet2 hand baggage

And wear the hat!

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 34
3. Re: Jet2 hand baggage

Put your handbag in your hand luggage for check in and at the boarding gate, then take it out after take off and keep it with you.

Easyjet officially only allow one bag as well, as do lot's of airlines.

Newcastle upon...
4. Re: Jet2 hand baggage

Thanks for the advice. I suppose that's what I'll have to do though it's going to be a bit annoying. I'm assuming my case will be in one of the lockers overhead so it's not going to be exactly easy getting a handbag out once we've taken off - not to mention having to hoist case back up. I didn't mention I'm a 66 year old woman - perhaps there'll be some strapping blokes on board who will come to my rescue!!

Sunshine Coast...
reviews: 21
5. Re: Jet2 hand baggage

You only need to have your handbag (or whatever) in your main bag until you get on the plane. Once on board quickly get it out of your bag (have it in the external pocket or on top) and then put your main bag up in the locker.

I use a small flat bag that will easily fit in the seat back pocket or that I can wear (it looks like a travel wallet) incase I am sitting in an exit row where I can't have anything under the seat.

Obviously you only have your money passport glasses and anything you actually need during the flight in this bag.

Once my main bag is in the overhead locker I don't touch it until we have landed.

Liverpool
reviews: 8
6. Re: Jet2 hand baggage

If your checking in online, and have hand luggage only, you proceed with your boarding pass straight to security. No ones going to know any difference. When you board put your bag/case in overhead locker and keep handbag on knee till before take off, then on the floor under seat in front until seat belt signs go out! Travelled with Jet2 lot's times, no problem!

Marguarite

Newcastle upon...
7. Re: Jet2 hand baggage

Thank you all so much - I was beginning to get quite worried about all this. This is the first time I'll have kept my case with me as hand luggage so have so previous experience of this. Anyway, now the problem is simply going to be finding a small enough bag - I can usually get everything but the kitchen sink in my bags, but I'm sure I'll manage. Thanks again everyone.

Glenys

Redcar, United...
8. Re: Jet2 hand baggage

Can I take a travel iron in my hand. Luggage

Madrid
reviews: 7
9. Re: Jet2 hand baggage

As long as you can stay within the size and weight limit.

Dunoon
reviews: 3
10. Re: Jet2 hand baggage

Can you buy duty free etc after security and take it on a jet 2 flight?

Reply to: Jet2 hand baggage
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted