We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

companies that book tickets using frequent flier miles?

Fort Myers, Florida
reviews: 133
companies that book tickets using frequent flier miles?

I am either too lazy or too stupid to book tickets using my frequent flier miles. I remember reading a while back that there are companies you can pay who will do it for you. Does anyone know of any, or have any recommendations? Many thanks.

Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
1. Re: companies that book tickets using frequent flier miles?

Your own miles?

NomadicForever
reviews: 13
2. Re: companies that book tickets using frequent flier miles?

Just book at the airline office. They will do your booking using your FF miles. Only you or the airline can do it.

Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse
reviews: 64
3. Re: companies that book tickets using frequent flier miles?

I guess I don't understand the difficult. You research flights the way you normally do, make a call to an 800 number to check if those flights are still available for FF miles, and tell them you want to use the miles on that trip. Boom. In my opinion it doesn't take a lot of effort or particular cleverness.

Even if you use another agency to book your travel, you are still going to have to tell them where you want to go and when, which doesn't seem any more effort to me than doing it yourself... am I missing something?

Fort Myers, Florida
4. Re: companies that book tickets using frequent flier miles?

yes my own miles

Fort Myers, Florida
5. Re: companies that book tickets using frequent flier miles?

I would simply would rather not deal with the hassle. My miles are not on an American Express card, and Chase Sapphire card, so it may be a little more complicated. Also, a few years ago, my family used miles to fly to Spain on Air France, and they charged us like 800 dollars a ticket in taxes which seemed absurd.

Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
6. Re: companies that book tickets using frequent flier miles?

All airlines charge taxes and most charge fuel surcharges on reward tickets.

Lake Crystal...
reviews: 13
7. Re: companies that book tickets using frequent flier miles?

"..... they charged us like 800 dollars a ticket in taxes which seemed absurd."

I don't think that had anything to do with FF miles, though.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 53
8. Re: companies that book tickets using frequent flier miles?

I think what the OP is referring to us a service that looks across all your airline schemes and figures out more contrived and less obvious routings using your own miles.

Fort Myers, Florida
9. Re: companies that book tickets using frequent flier miles?

Yes...I just sent an inquiry to iflywithmiles.com. If anyone else has suggestions I would welcome them What does OP stand for?

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
10. Re: companies that book tickets using frequent flier miles?

OP stands for "original post" or "original poster," i.e. you.

This is becoming much more commonplace as airlines continue to adapt, manipulate, revise, "simplify" (ha) or otherwise fool around with their affinity programs. Using a service that knows how to find open seats, or how to combine FF schemes to leverage one's miles/points, or how to put together complicated routes in premium classes - can save hours of frustration.