We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Emirates Phuket Ground Staff

Kuwait City, Kuwait
reviews: 22
Emirates Phuket Ground Staff

Recently took a short (3 day trip) from Dubai to Phuket on Emirates. My bags were broken into on both the arrive and departing trips and the ground staff in Phuket actually had the gall to accuse me of putting in a damaged bag. No regard for my gold satus or loss and will definitely be moving my business elsewhere.

Has anybody else experienced this service from Emirates?

Coffs Harbour...
reviews: 136
1. Re: Emirates Phuket Ground Staff

Hope you have spoken directly to Emirates staff in Dubai or your home city. There is little doubt that the people you spoke to in Phuket are contractors hired for 2-3hrs/day just to do the bare minimum to ensure you depart.

If you get a similar lacklustre response from Emirates Customer Contact Centre, then by all means kick them where it hurts (in the $$$ dept).

Kuwait City, Kuwait
reviews: 22
2. Re: Emirates Phuket Ground Staff

I have contacted Head Office in Dubai as well as here in Kuwait. They "will investigate and I should contact them if I dont receive a reply within 30 days". Imagine that, all I can say is that my business travel in the next 30 days is in the region of $40,000, so that will be a nice kick in the $$$$ for them.

Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
3. Re: Emirates Phuket Ground Staff

Didn't you have travel insurance?

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 125
4. Re: Emirates Phuket Ground Staff

Let us know the outcome.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
reviews: 71
5. Re: Emirates Phuket Ground Staff

Hi,

In Phuket (HKT) Emirates is ground handled above and below wing by BFS Asia, the joint venture between the global cargo and airport ops provider Worldwide Flight Services, or WFS, and Thailand's Bangkok Airways.

Their main office is at Suvarnabhumi Airport and email address for all direct BFS employees uses "@bfsasia.com", and main office phone is 02-131-5000

Travel Safe,

Worldwide
reviews: 536
6. Re: Emirates Phuket Ground Staff

Harryhdl, you would be providing a service by posting this on the Phuket forum, with updates on findings to date (e.g. from GOPBI's response) and Hans_DEN's suggestion on travel insurance.

It would be a useful heads-up to people considering Phuket vacations. To minimize risk of scams or worse (which are diverse there), every little bit of advice can help.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
reviews: 71
7. Re: Emirates Phuket Ground Staff

Hi,

For clarification purposes, I posted the contact information for BFS to assist the OP if they are not able to get the information they want directly from EK, or they feel the information is incompete or otherwise.. Wether or not BFS as the agent for EK will comment on this to an outside party is another matter and under BFS' and EK's agreement.

Also, this does not imply the scenario described by the OP is/ was a scam or otherwise. There's insufficient information to know at this point in time and the posting of BFS' contact information should not be intrepreted in either direction.

Travel Safe

Worldwide
reviews: 536
8. Re: Emirates Phuket Ground Staff

Yep, insufficient evidence so far.

However, the circumstances appear (from the OP's account) to be suspicious, and consistent with the general level of abuse of visitors to (and others in) Phuket.

I don't see a scam here. Rather some potential crimes by someone.

We might trust that, if the issue is raised appropriately with the right managers at Bangkok Airways, we could be optimistic that they'd be rather serious about investigating possible problems.

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
reviews: 14
9. Re: Emirates Phuket Ground Staff

"However, the circumstances appear (from the OP's account) to be suspicious, and consistent with the general level of abuse of visitors to (and others in) Phuket."

And Dubai.

Poulton-le-Fylde, UK
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
reviews: 61
10. Re: Emirates Phuket Ground Staff

I don't recall recent complaints about theft at either Dubai or Phuket on this or Phuket or Dubai forums. I'm sure if it was prevalent there would have been reports.