We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ryanair policy - is this correct?

Hartlepool, United...
reviews: 3
Ryanair policy - is this correct?

Hi all,

I am after some advice please, I have booked flights with Ryanair to Mallorca flying out on

8th may until 12th may

Fly back to Mallorca on 16th may until 29th may

I contacted Ryanair call centre & after a lot of confusion with their operator she told me I would have to pay £30 to change my booking plus any change in fare if i want to fly out on 8th & return 29th.

I explained that I already had a reservation to fly back on 29th but she told me it was not acceptable if I did not use the flight back to Mallorca on 16th may,would like other people's views on this please.

Cardiff, United...
reviews: 13
1. Re: Ryanair policy - is this correct?

The agent was correct. If you don't check in for your second outgoing flight on 16th May then your return on the 29th would automatically be cancelled as you would be classed as a "no show". The two flights are separate and therefore you would need to pay the change fee to amend your return date on the original flight.

London
reviews: 33
2. Re: Ryanair policy - is this correct?

That appears to contradict what is published on their website, which says you CAN use a return leg, even if you don't show for the outbound.

ryanair.com/en/questions/can-i-cancel-my-res…

australia
reviews: 17
3. Re: Ryanair policy - is this correct?

That's what I thought it is a point to point airline, the system isn't that sophisticated to rifle through and delete segments at will

London, United...
reviews: 23
4. Re: Ryanair policy - is this correct?

Seems pretty clear on their website. Unusual yes, but very clear. I would phone again and direct the agent to the site, or ask for it to be escalated to a supervisor.

Hartlepool, United...
5. Re: Ryanair policy - is this correct?

Thanks guys, I was ready to book a new flight but you have given me hope that I can use the return flight

Cardiff, United...
reviews: 13
6. Re: Ryanair policy - is this correct?

Apologies, I was thinking of full service providers who wouldn't allow it but yes, it does appear to be possible so if I were the op I'd go back and argue my case.

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 42
7. Re: Ryanair policy - is this correct?

Ryanair is a point to point airline, so all tickets booked are singles, not returns. I think you need to ring back and speak to a different person.

australia
reviews: 17
8. Re: Ryanair policy - is this correct?

if the seats you purchased are non refundable I wouldn't bother ringing at all, you run the risk of the agent cancelling the wrong flight or you end up with same person

Worthing, United...
reviews: 11
9. Re: Ryanair policy - is this correct?

Hi

What the Ryanair call centre told you was totally wrong. It's a point to point airline, you have in effect bought two single tickets and flying on one is not dependant on the other.

Are you sure you rang the Ryanair call centre?

Jackie

Hartlepool, United...
10. Re: Ryanair policy - is this correct?

Thanks for all the information, yes I rang the uk number on their website