We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

American Airlines International 757 planes

Manchester, United...
reviews: 2
American Airlines International 757 planes

Hi,

We are looking to go to New York next February from Manchester and the cheapest deal is with American Airlines. I know that they use the 757 on this route and have read very mixed reviews of these planes.

We have travelled on the 757 short haul many times but have heard that with AA there is no individual entertainment??

Also, I was wondering if anyone who has been on an AA 757 internationally could comment on the legroom, service, food etc etc..

Thanks for your advice in advance

Grayslake, Illinois
reviews: 34
1. Re: American Airlines International 757 planes

Hi, I flew a 757 from Chicago to Dublin, on AA. I'm not a fussy flyer, but I was uncomfortable on this plane, for such a long flight. Legroom okay, but seat felt narrower. There's a single aisle, so not much room for pax to stand. Felt sorry for the FA's - they had little room to maneuver.

There were no seatback monitors in economy. (This may have since changed - you should check out your flight on seatguru.com).

The food was okay - typical of what AA serves in economy, on long-haul flights. However, you should now have access to complimentary beer and wine. The service was good - I like American, and find their service good overall.

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 23
2. Re: American Airlines International 757 planes

The legrrom, service etc is on a par with the other US carriers - the 757 is a single aisle so it can feel cramped with little room to move around and poor IFE on overhead monitors but it's a short flight in terms of transatlantic travel.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World
reviews: 66
3. Re: American Airlines International 757 planes

757 is lousy on long haul flights as mentioned to crampy.

Manchester, United...
reviews: 2
4. Re: American Airlines International 757 planes

Thanks all for your replies, might pay the few extra ££ to go 1 stop changing at Heathrow and then with American on the 777

Middlesbrough...
5. Re: American Airlines International 757 planes

Peter I booked this flight for new year and I'm so gutted I have I'd flown with virgin and had a good experience the fact of no seat back tv is a nightmare for me as I'm a bad traveller.

I'm from Middlesbrough and on Expedia the same holiday to fly from Newcastle via JFK was slightly cheaper and the new 777's look a really good aircraft I'm stuck with my flight but if I were you I'd go from NCL.

Trintraveller can I ask you what were the main cabin extra seats like? I'm thinking of upgrading for the flight home and possibly outbound I'm such a restless traveller so just want some added comfort. Was the legroom any better in main cabin extra? Is it worth the extra £77 each way?

Thanks for any replies and enjoy your trips!

Seattle
reviews: 10
6. Re: American Airlines International 757 planes

American Airlines 757 long haul - business section: AA has a big problem here. They use their domestic configuration for long haul flights continually. This means an 8 hour night flight that is supposed to have "lay flat" seats in Business has standard seats that ony lean back 4 inches. As commented earlier, there is no entertainment aboard. A big problem is that they mislead the public saying that there is an international configuration in their magazine and website and then you fine out about the domestic seat only when you get on board. This is a BAIT AND SWITCH. In my case it recently happened on a route from Lima to Dallas. I suggest that you carefully avoid the 757 and choose a 767 when you take a long haul with American Airlines.

7. Re: American Airlines International 757 planes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, July 20, 2014