We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Name wrong on United ticket

Mn
Name wrong on United ticket

I made my reservations via my miles card that uses travelocity.

Three of us traveling MSP --> IAH --> CUN and back. All seated together both ways.

My name middle/last and Jr. was all messed up so I called United and they fixed my name for no charge.

The next day I looked and my seat reservation was removed.

All but one flight I was able to recover my original seat, the CUN --> IAH my isle seat was gone.

I bought my was into the extra leg room seats so we could all be together.

My wife did not want to be in a row with our 4 yrs old grandson and not have the isle seat.

So note when changing names to inquire about the seat reservations.

I wish I had thought about it, just assumed. Stupid me.

Edited: 2:58 pm, April 04, 2013
Seattle, Washington
reviews: 85
1. Re: Name wrong on United ticket

Keep checking available seats; better seats may open up.

You don't write any details, but if you and your wife are taking your grandson to Mexico, please make sure you have a notarized permission to travel letter signed by both his parents, or if you are the guardian, etc., bring that paperwork.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
2. Re: Name wrong on United ticket

Agree with Gracie.

Keep checking your reservation at united.com very frequently (especially in the two weeks before your flight). Some people cancel, some get upgraded to First from E+, sometimes there is a plane change (or a computer glitch) and everyone's seats get messed about. If you see any of these things early then you can turn it to your advantage.

And yes, be sure to have the correct paperwork/permission to travel overseas with your grandson.

Canada
reviews: 24
3. Re: Name wrong on United ticket

Aisle seats are indeed a hot commodity.......agree with the others, keeping checking ...up until flight, at OLCI, and even at the Airport/gate.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 139
4. Re: Name wrong on United ticket

In any case thanks for the warning I had no idea they would change your seat if they had to change your name on the ticket.

Canada
reviews: 24
5. Re: Name wrong on United ticket

Seats are shuffled about for a variety of reasons....and sometimes no reason at all.

The most common reason the seat assignments will change is an equipment change.

Keeping a frequent check on one's file (weekly) is a good practice ....and will help in ensuring those precious aisle seats stay put.

6. Re: Name wrong on United ticket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 07, 2014