We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transferring from terminal 2F to terminal 2E at CDG

London, United...
reviews: 1
Transferring from terminal 2F to terminal 2E at CDG

How long does it take to switch terminals from 2F to 2E in CDG (Charles de Gaulle)? We only have an hour and think it's going to be a bit of a sprint.

The terminal map shows a shuttle but says it runs every 15 to 30 mins. Is it possible to walk it and would it be quicker?

Boston...
reviews: 9
1. Re: Transferring from terminal 2F to terminal 2E at CDG

Have you already booked your ticket? If not, you really need a longer transit time than one hour. Not saying you can't do it, just that it will depend on so many factors, such as your incoming flight being on time, how long it takes for you to deplane etc.

It's not possible to walk, as only airline personnel are allowed on the grounds of the airport in the terminal areas.

Look for signs saying CDGVAL, that's the quickest way between terminals.

And pray.

Exeter, United...
reviews: 36
2. Re: Transferring from terminal 2F to terminal 2E at CDG

I have made this twice before within an hour (just). The second time my bags didn't. If you are on a through ticket you should be ok if your flight lands in time.

Boston...
3. Re: Transferring from terminal 2F to terminal 2E at CDG

And don't be tempted to take the green airport shuttle. It stops at all of the terminals (well, except 1) and it's the slowest way to go.

Loughborough...
reviews: 18
4. Re: Transferring from terminal 2F to terminal 2E at CDG

I walked from 2F and 2E a couple of weeks ago to catch a connection and did it in well under an hour, including passing through immigration and security. Of course, it all depends on how busy CDG is at the time of your transfer and whether your in-bound flight is delayed, but if you are on a through ticket with no requirement to check-in or collect baggage you should be OK. The route is well signposted.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
reviews: 40
5. Re: Transferring from terminal 2F to terminal 2E at CDG

I've done this connection several times in one hour 15 mins using the shuttle and you can walk it as well.

Its tight though.

Look at

www.easycdg.com

Boston...
6. Re: Transferring from terminal 2F to terminal 2E at CDG

Bronia is quite correct about walking between terminals in T2. I missed that in your orig post and apologize.

Edited: 8:27 pm, April 04, 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Negril
reviews: 84
7. Re: Transferring from terminal 2F to terminal 2E at CDG

Would same apply going from 2E to 2F?

London, United...
reviews: 1
8. Re: Transferring from terminal 2F to terminal 2E at CDG

Thanks for the replies. Our flight lands at 10:20pm at 2F from Lisbon on AF codeshare and leaves 2E at 11:20pm to Johannesburg on AF so (shengan to non-shengan). I assume at that time it's one of the last flights to leave so hopefully the airport won't be too busy.

From what I've been able to find out there is a walkway from 2E to 2F which only takes 5 mins but it's land side so I'd have to clear passport & customs on exit of 2F and go through passport and security in 2E. Would this be a good strategy or should I just stay air-side and walk / get the shuttle? I don't know the gate numbers yet but from what I've read it can be a very long way if the gate is at the far end.

I found this nice site (easycdg.com/1/…) which implies it only takes 25-30mins but from comments here it sounds like it's tighter than that.

Edited: 3:10 am, April 05, 2013
9. Re: Transferring from terminal 2F to terminal 2E at CDG

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 07, 2014