We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomson airways

reviews: 2
Thomson airways

What is the difference between 'extra space seats' and 'extra legroom seats' ?

8 replies to this topic
Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Istria
reviews: 51
1. Re: Thomson airways

thomson.co.uk/editorial/…extraspaceseats

reviews: 2
2. Re: Thomson airways

Thanks that doesnt say if the seat pitches are the same?

Watford, United...
reviews: 12
3. Re: Thomson airways

Rory - Exit row seats don't have seats in front of them.... If they did people wouldn't be able to get out very easily. You can stretch your legs out in an exit row.

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Destination Expert
for Poland
reviews: 42
4. Re: Thomson airways

LOL, Mr Marcos, I remember being on a Dan-Air 1-11, sitting in an exit row over the wing, facing a row of people facing backwards and with our knees overlapping by at least 6 inches!

Watford, United...
reviews: 12
5. Re: Thomson airways

:-) johnb - That's going back a bit. Was this it?

…wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Dan-Air_London_BAC_…

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Destination Expert
for Poland
reviews: 42
6. Re: Thomson airways

That's the one! Two exits over the wing, two pairs of rows of seats facing each other to give, just, enough space to get to the exits. Knees interlocked for 2.5 hours, LGW to Malaga (note, locked with complete strangers!).

Oh, and we boarded between the engines, on the tail steps.

Edited: 2:15 pm, April 04, 2013
7. Re: Thomson airways

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:05 pm, November 21, 2013

wirral
reviews: 67
8. Re: Thomson airways

BAC 1-11 of Court Lines from Bristol - Ibiza 1 November 1970 on a Clarksons 7 nights holiday HB at 3* Hotel Milord, San Antonio Bay (hotel is still there!) cost £32 each of 2 all in. Yes I remember sitting in the aircraft facing another couple. My first flight so it didn't strike me as an unusual seating arrangement.My honeymoon.

Reply to: Thomson airways
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions