We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Passport control in muc?

Indianapolis...
Passport control in muc?

I am flying into muc and connecting into nue. My question is, when arriving in muc, will I have to go through some sort of passport/immigration line or do we go straight through to our connecting flight and do passport immigration in nue? We are booked on one ticket however it says the connection from muc to nue will be done by Lufthansa city hopper so I could not pick our seats for that leg. Will I have to get our bag and recheck them at the counter?

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 15
1. Re: Passport control in muc?

You will go through immigration upon your entry into the Schengen area (i.e. at MUC). If this is all on one ticket I'd be certain your bags will be checked through to NUE.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 53
2. Re: Passport control in muc?

Immigration = MUC

Customs = NUE

Indianapolis...
3. Re: Passport control in muc?

Thanks op2002 for the help on both posts. We are on us airways in economy so we will have to make the best of it. I plan to freshen us up in muc if we have the time. What is the difference between immigration and passport control

UK
reviews: 81
4. Re: Passport control in muc?

What is the difference between immigration and passport control

======

They are terms for the same thing, an official checking your ID (usually but not always a passport) to check you are able to enter a country legally.

Edited: 11:43 am, April 04, 2013
Frankfurt, Germany
reviews: 3
5. Re: Passport control in muc?

You have to go through a passport control when you enter and leave the Schengen Area, in your case Germany. The passport control upon entry is also called "Immigration".

And no, you don't have to pick up your luggage, it will be checked through to NUE, where you will then clear customs.

You should get an assigned seat for your city hopper flight upon check-in.

Edited: 12:56 pm, April 04, 2013
Sunnyvale...
Destination Expert
for San Jose
reviews: 94
6. Re: Passport control in muc?

"You should get an assigned seat for your city hopper flight upon check-in."

Maybe. When I fly into FRA on UA, and connect to a LH city hopper to NUE, I don't get assigned a seat for FRA-NUE until I get to FRA, go through immigration, and visit the little LH kiosk machine to get a new boarding pass.

Perhaps if you go LH all the way, it is a different story? I don't know. I haven't done that.

Frankfurt, Germany
reviews: 3
7. Re: Passport control in muc?

<Maybe. When I fly into FRA on UA, and connect to a LH city hopper to NUE, I don't get assigned a seat for FRA-NUE until I get to FRA, go through immigration, and visit the little LH kiosk machine to get a new boarding pass.>

Well, yeah you are right, that might be the case in Munich, too.

8. Re: Passport control in muc?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 06, 2014