We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are Jet2 becoming a nightmare to deal with?

Wakefield, England...
reviews: 4
Are Jet2 becoming a nightmare to deal with?

Is anyone else experiencing a change with jet2, I have flown many times previously with no issues. I received s MYjets2 points statement yesterday stating one total, when I check online it is a lower number. I telephoned to verify the balance only to be told they had made a mistake with the email and wouldnt be honouring the balance. Obviously this is just the same if I were to make a mistake with a booking, they wouldn't charge me a small fortune, yeah right.

This negative attitude towards customers will cost them in the long run, thank god Monarch are coming to Leeds Bradford.

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 15
1. Re: Are Jet2 becoming a nightmare to deal with?

An error in an email constitutes a nightmare?

Wakefield, England...
2. Re: Are Jet2 becoming a nightmare to deal with?

The problem started with an error in an email, the nightmare relates to their intransigent approach to resolution. The reward points under dispute were sufficient to gain at least 1 free flight which they will not honour.

Edinburgh, United...
3. Re: Are Jet2 becoming a nightmare to deal with?

It's a complete non-issue. There's no dispute, it was an *email* (not even your account) showing the wrong number. If your bank-statement shows the wrong amount in your account in your favour you wouldn't expect the bank to honour it either (well maybe you would, I sure wouldn't).

Wakefield, England...
4. Re: Are Jet2 becoming a nightmare to deal with?

You are clearly entitled to your opinion, however when you fully understand the facts it is clear to see that Jet2 sent me a statement shortly after I had booked some flights stating what the new balance would be. I then was tempted into booking some further flights later in the year, only then to uncover their mistake. If you make a genuine mistake with your bank they will not punish you for it as they will typically value you as a customer. This is not the case with Jet2, they cannot pick and choose how they want to interact with their customers.

Edinburgh, United...
5. Re: Are Jet2 becoming a nightmare to deal with?

Sorry, I fail see how you were punished by Jet2 or why any reasonable person would ever think this would be an issue worth complaining about, let alone label a "nightmare".

Wakefield, England...
6. Re: Are Jet2 becoming a nightmare to deal with?

I think you need to read the initial post again, I asked are jet2 becoming a nightmare to deal with? I booked some flights, expecting the reward points. I then received an email confirming the points and then subsequently was unable to do so. I asked the question to see if anyone else was experiencing a shift in their attitude towards customers. I am dissapointed by the service I have received and have voiced my comments. Progressive organisations listen to their customer and respond in a positive manner.

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 659
7. Re: Are Jet2 becoming a nightmare to deal with?

must admit I have had no problems witrh them,had flights with them in january(actually a Jet2 holiday) and everything was great.I have flights to Prague next monthn (one leg free with my FF points) and all my arrangnets have been the usual efficient dealings.

I know they have changed the FF points and are now offering a 10% discount to regular customers and that suits me fine.

UK
reviews: 13
8. Re: Are Jet2 becoming a nightmare to deal with?

So, did you know that the email stated more points than you should have had?

Wakefield, England...
9. Re: Are Jet2 becoming a nightmare to deal with?

No, the email stated exactly what I was expecting.

UK
reviews: 13
10. Re: Are Jet2 becoming a nightmare to deal with?

So why are they not giving you the points you expect?