We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Folded Passport Info Page

Kuala Lumpur...
reviews: 1
Folded Passport Info Page

Hey guys,

I have accidentally folded my Malaysian passport info page a few days back and now I am having some doubts whether will it still be legal to travel with the passport?

Anyone has experiences? There is just a small crease beneath my passport photo and I will be flying to Aussie in a month's time.

Thanks.

Watford, United...
reviews: 12
1. Re: Folded Passport Info Page

A small crease should not be a problem. By the looks of it you need to be more worried about inadvertantly swallowing the thing.

Kuala Lumpur...
2. Re: Folded Passport Info Page

Hey, thanks for your quick reply, and I've uploaded a picture of the crease - …photobucket.com/user/…

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 582
3. Re: Folded Passport Info Page

I wouldn't worry ,if the immigration folk have any doubts about the passport they can check it and have techniques in places to tell genuine passports from fake ones.They are quite used to battered passports and your's seem to be in better condition than mine.

London, United...
reviews: 22
4. Re: Folded Passport Info Page

I would not worry about it either, it's in better nick than mine too,

Winnipeg Canada
Destination Expert
for Winnipeg
reviews: 239
5. Re: Folded Passport Info Page

My Canadian passport was put thru the washer and dryer . And I had to replace it. But your passport should be no problem.

Yorktown, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Machu Picchu
reviews: 14
6. Re: Folded Passport Info Page

My son's dog chewed his passport to shreds the day before he was to depart. Guess the dog didn't want him to leave! He definitely had to get a new one -- in a hurry. Your passport looks great.

Sydney/Melbourne
reviews: 41
7. Re: Folded Passport Info Page

It's not a problem because all of the information on the front page is stored in the chip in the middle page - which is what the Australian Immigration read from.

Kuala Lumpur...
8. Re: Folded Passport Info Page

Hey guys,

Thanks for all your replies. I shall post the outcome if I were to face any issues with the fold. :)

9. Re: Folded Passport Info Page

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 06, 2014
Get answers to your questions