We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

E-dreams website yay or nay??

Devonport, Australia
reviews: 8
E-dreams website yay or nay??

I am looking at booking a flight from Barcelona to Paris on the 28/10/13 and all the flights that are coming up are either very expensive for direct flights or cheap with 1 to multiple stop overs. I have come across E-Dreams website that are offering very cheap direct flights using Air France. However when i log onto the Air France website the cheapest for that day is $608, I am wondering if anyone has used this website to book flights, if they have, have they had any issues or if they are a great reliable website? I have been warned about using 3rd party sites to book flights so i have avoided them with the rest of my trip however this flight is proving difficult to organise. Any help would be fantastic....

Cheers Bec

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
reviews: 11
1. Re: E-dreams website yay or nay??

You are trying to book too far ahead. Vueling and easyJet fly this route for about €50, but these cheap airlines will not yet be taking bookings for October. Let it go for another month or so before you try using doubtful third-party web sites.

Watford, United...
reviews: 12
2. Re: E-dreams website yay or nay??

Nay!! Avoid!! Put edreams into the search facility above and read the horror stories. Seriously, stay away. So many edreams posts on here.

Devonport, Australia
reviews: 8
3. Re: E-dreams website yay or nay??

thanks for you advice, much appreciated :)

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
4. Re: E-dreams website yay or nay??

Nay, Nay, Run Away!

As Mr. Marcoos says, enter eDreams in the search section and you'll find horror stories. And having read them, I'm absolutely sure eDreams is as close to a scam as they can get while being legitimate (behind their almost incomprehensible terms and conditions).

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 73
5. Re: E-dreams website yay or nay??

Actually Ryanair have released flights for October already but I would avoid them and wait for Easyjet and Vueling to release theri flights.

Have you also considered taking the overnight train to Paris from Barcelona?

http://www.elipsos.com/en/

Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
6. Re: E-dreams website yay or nay??

You will likely regret if you book with edreams.

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 24
7. Re: E-dreams website yay or nay??

bect1984

At least you had the common sense to do some research on E-dreams before booking - if only others were able to do the same.

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 15
8. Re: E-dreams website yay or nay??

"I have come across E-Dreams website that are offering very cheap direct flights using Air France. "

My guess is they can offer a low price because they'll book you a return ticket and expect you to ditch the outbound part. This would bring you in violation of airline T&C.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 139
9. Re: E-dreams website yay or nay??

If you use the search box here you'll see that it's a definite Nay.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 139
10. Re: E-dreams website yay or nay??

You should also check out the matrix website to see what schedules and prices are available but they don't include low cost airlines in their search

http://matrix.itasoftware.com