We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easyjet new seating.

edinburgh
reviews: 8
Easyjet new seating.

Have used Easyjet loads of times before and have been very happy with them. However my trip in May will be the 1st time I have used them since you could pick your seats. I have picked .y seat - Good value at £8 I thought. Who has travelled with them with pre booked seats and did it go smoothly?

Hitchin, United...
reviews: 34
1. Re: Easyjet new seating.

I travelled a couple of weeks ago and chose to pay the 3 pounds extra to pick a window seat and it worked fine. If the prices stay that reasonable I'll use it all the time. I'm not too fussed about extra leg room on a 1 hour flight but I like the idea on longer leg. (Pardon the pun)

County Durham
reviews: 56
2. Re: Easyjet new seating.

Yes, we did this a few weeks ago, Newcastle to Barcelona. Great price, plus we paid for extra leg room too. We had priority boarding and it was so much more relaxed than on previous flights. Well worth it in my opinion.

MERSEYSIDE
reviews: 52
3. Re: Easyjet new seating.

I have been twice since they introduced the new seating allocation. The first time I was travelling with my dad, we did not opt to pay for seats and were seated together on both journeys. We flew back with relatives who had booked separate to us and they didn't pay either and they were also seated together.

More recently, I flew solo and opted to pay the £3 for an aisle seat.

All journeys were smooth and the seating was far better than what they used to have. I think it's better if people are called by row rather than just being told front or back, it is much quicker than waiting while people put their bags up

Aberdeen, United...
reviews: 7
4. Re: Easyjet new seating.

Yep me to no problems £3 each way good value,

Worthing, United...
reviews: 11
5. Re: Easyjet new seating.

Hi

I've flown with them about half a dozen times sine they started per-allocating seats and twice I have been seated next to people I would have avoided like the plague, once next to a couple of thirty something's where the woman talked like a demented sulky baby constantly throughout the flight, I had seen them in the departure lounge and offered up a silent prayer I would be nowhere near them, and the other day next to two enormous women who overfilled their seats and bulged onto mine.

I would go back to the old system in a heartbeat.

Jackie

Poulton-le-Fylde, UK
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
reviews: 61
6. Re: Easyjet new seating.

I understand being able to choose where you sit but who you sit next to ....? How does that work?

Edited: 7:13 pm, April 02, 2013
Worthing, United...
reviews: 11
7. Re: Easyjet new seating.

Hi

It doesn't work.

This is what happens now!

You go through all the processes and eventually arrive in the departure lounge.

You look around and think 'I hope I am not sitting next to the obese person eating raw onions with the screaming kid and overpowering smell of Youth Dew'

You get on the plane, and find that you are sitting next to the above mentioned.

You sigh and prepare yourself for an unpleasant flight.

Jackie

Poulton-le-Fylde, UK
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
reviews: 61
8. Re: Easyjet new seating.

So no different in that regard to the old system then.

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 15
9. Re: Easyjet new seating.

In the old system you could just pick another seat.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 73
10. Re: Easyjet new seating.

Jackie just do what I do when on any allocated seating flight. Make sure you are the last person on. If there are spare seats e.g with the middle one free I just go there. If you are last on then no chance of someone coming on and saying oh that's my seat.

Fallback position is that you always have your own allocated seat to go to.

My mum really likes this new system. They pay extra for the bulkhead or emergency exit seating and have had much better flights since. You will always get people who hanker back to the good old days when kids used to die of diptheria and we used to work down mill 36 hours a day .... However I see it as progress