We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stl - Ord - Lhr

Springfield...
reviews: 6
Stl - Ord - Lhr

First leg of trip is STL - ORD via American Airlines (or whatever their name is now), arrival in Terminal 3

Then depart Terminal 5 ORD to LHR via Virgin Atlantic.

I've flown international with domestic stopover before, but never switching airlines...will I have to gather my checked backage from American at ORD and re-check at Terminal 5 w/Virgin, or will American have the ability to check all the way to LHR from STL?

UK
reviews: 85
1. Re: Stl - Ord - Lhr

This is an "it depends" question.

It looks as if there is an interline agreement, but it also depends on factors such as if you bought on one ticket or two, and whether the checkin clerk can make it happen on the day.

So you'll have to ask them at your first checkin.

Libertyville...
reviews: 34
2. Re: Stl - Ord - Lhr

How long is the layover at ORD?

Springfield...
reviews: 6
3. Re: Stl - Ord - Lhr

3.5 hours

Libertyville...
reviews: 34
4. Re: Stl - Ord - Lhr

I think 3.5 hours will be fine, even if your flight from STL is a bit late.

After you collect your luggage, you take a short train ride (about 5 mins) to Terminal 5 (international terminal).

The trains are clearly indicated, and there's usually an employee on the platform who can help. Then up an escalator, and the Term. 5 check-in desks are right there.

I would follow joeintheuk's advice, and see if the check-in desk at STL can check your bags straight thru.

5. Re: Stl - Ord - Lhr

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 03, 2014