We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

smoking e cigs manchester airport

st .helens
reviews: 12
smoking e cigs manchester airport

Hi I go away in 2 weeks time I am flying from Manchester Airport to Tenerife South. Can anyone please tell me if I can use my Electronic Cig in the airport and also my liquid and batteries can I put it in my hold or hand luggage?

Thank you

25 replies to this topic
Wilmslow, United...
reviews: 3
1. Re: smoking e cigs manchester airport

I presume you will be flying from either T1 or T2, both of which have smoking areas, I doubt you will require an

"e-cig".

Also, I wouldn't think they would be allowed inside the terminal.

Edited: 8:07 am, April 01, 2013
Cookham Dean...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
2. Re: smoking e cigs manchester airport

Most people who use ecigs are trying to give up! When I gave up cigs and used ecigs for awhile, I had no problem using it anywhere in the UK, just did not make it obvious.

Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse
reviews: 84
3. Re: smoking e cigs manchester airport

Some airlines ban them - you don't specify which airline you are flying with - take a look at their website and confirm.

st .helens
4. Re: smoking e cigs manchester airport

thank you for replies. yes i am trying to give up the fags. i am flying with jet 2. thanks again

Cookham Dean...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
5. Re: smoking e cigs manchester airport

I feel your pain....still :)

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 42
6. Re: smoking e cigs manchester airport

Jet2 website says cigarette lighters and electronic cigarettes are prohibited from being taken into the cabin as hand luggage, so you will need to put them in your hold luggage.

st .helens
7. Re: smoking e cigs manchester airport

up date yes i have been on my holls and yes i did use my e cig in the airport . also took it on the plane in my bag i did ask if that was ok they said yes . ( happy hollidays all you out there on e cigs ).i flew with jet 2 from manchester

barrow-in-furness
reviews: 72
8. Re: smoking e cigs manchester airport

E cigs, cartomisers or whatever you use to fuel it, go in a clear plastic bag for security and then into your hand luggage. Spare bottles of e juice can go in your hold luggage if you have any.

9. Re: smoking e cigs manchester airport

My clearomizer and e juice both went through security and are in my pocket right now with no problems, i am jist unsure if i can use it before i get on the plane

10. Re: smoking e cigs manchester airport

My clearomizer and e juice both went through security and are in my pocket right now with no problems, i am jist unsure if i can use it before i get on the plane

Reply to: smoking e cigs manchester airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted