We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air transat

reviews: 8
Air transat

Hello, I'm travelling Gatwick to Canada in June and looking for feedback. I'm travelling with my husband and 8yr old son. My son eats constantly and wondered do I need to take provisions or will they provide enough food to keep him going! lol Also read somewhere that to buy food/drinks you need a credit card, is this right?

UK
reviews: 85
1. Re: Air transat

It doesn't hurt to bring your own food, as long as its not liquid, you can take it through security. Or you can just buy it at the airport.

A credit card is highly advised for travelling anyway, better exchange rate than cash, money not sucked directly out of your account like a debit card in case of fraud, so if you don't have one, I suggest you get on the case right now.

London, United...
reviews: 23
2. Re: Air transat

Take your own snacks for your son. As much as they will give you a meal and snack, they are obviously not going to feed anyone constantly,,,

Ps, agree with joe on the cc also, always a good idea to have one.

Wolverhampton
reviews: 25
3. Re: Air transat

Air Transat is a cashless airline so taking a cc is a must. Flown with them before and with Thomas Cook to Canada and the food was fine. It was not cordon bleu but sufficient to keep you going. Take some snacks in case he does not like the food or feels peckish.

4. Re: Air transat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:05 pm, April 02, 2013
London, United...
reviews: 59
5. Re: Air transat

Just come back from Canada with Air Transat - the food was pretty gim on our outward journey to Toronto so we took a subway on board at Vancouver. This leg of the journey with food was a bit better.

Take something for your son - all plane extra's are expensive and must be paid by credit card.

We travel to Canada every year and we used to upgrade to Cabin class but last year they increased the price to Vancouver [was £99 each way increased to £299 each way] but we did get virtually anything we ask for in this class but obviously it's too expensive now.

Hope you have a good trip.

Edited: 4:50 pm, April 20, 2013
Winnipeg Canada
Destination Expert
for Winnipeg
reviews: 248
6. Re: Air transat

I have flow Air Transat from London to Toronto. Although there was foood offered, I would bring extra snacks etc. along.

Swindon, England
reviews: 5
7. Re: Air transat

Hi,

If you sign your son up to the air transat kids club (it's free), he will get an activity pack and 2 free snack vouchers. You also get some other benefits for the family such as priority check in. All details on their website.

Edited: 9:27 am, May 02, 2013
Fortaleza, CE
reviews: 348
8. Re: Air transat

You want to know if there will be a constant flow of food available to your son, because, presumably, eating less is not an option? I assume you haven't flown in a while. Maybe you'll get a "full" meal and breakfast, or a snack. Even in first or biz class, you don't get a huge supply of food. As noted, your best option is to bring some of your own food. If your son is diabetic, for example, bringing some of your own food is a must.

Edited: 10:07 am, May 02, 2013
Fortaleza, CE
reviews: 348
9. Re: Air transat

p.s. what meals you get is usually indicated on an airline's Web site. I think you'll get at least one free meal on an international flight, but need to ask if additional food will be available for purchase (times for food service are usually quite limited, so can't always just ask a flight attendant to bring you an extra sandwich or snack). Ask the airline. Also ask them about payment methods. This can vary by airline.

10. Re: Air transat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 04, 2014