We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport lounge access

London, United...
Airport lounge access

Could anybody tell me of any current bank account or credit cards in the uk that have offers of free airport lounge access included in there benefits ?

Any other tips or offers I travel mainly in Europe.

Thanks everyone

Mandy ( London )

44 replies to this topic
London, United...
reviews: 23
1. Re: Airport lounge access

American Express gold ( two free visits) and platinum ( unlimited) do, as does Nat west black ( unlimited).

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for St Barthelemy
reviews: 295
2. Re: Airport lounge access

I am not aware of any credit cards issued for free which give access to Airport Lounges. There are some premium cards eg Amex, RBS & Lloyds which include a Priority Pass Membership Card as part of the benefits you are paying for.

uk
reviews: 74
3. Re: Airport lounge access

Be aware however that it is not access to all lounges so you need to consider the airlines and airports you use to ensure you can actually use this benefit.

Platinum Amex for example gives a 'free' Priority Pass. There aren't any lounges in LHR T5 for example that you can access with a Priority Pass.

The travel insurance with the platinum Amex is excellent however and the main reason I have this card.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
reviews: 205
4. Re: Airport lounge access

Check Diner's Club which has it's own club network. Not necessarily the greatest or most prolific, but it's an option. I use them occasionally.

London, United...
5. Re: Airport lounge access

>Platinum Amex for example gives a 'free' Priority Pass. There aren't any lounges in LHR T5 for example that you can access with a Priority Pass.<

Yes but to be fair, there is nothing in t5 other than the BA lounge, which is only accessible to BA passengers and club members. There is two paid lounges in Lhr though, you can use.

But fair point, it's not all lounges in all airports, but a select range of them, but it is quite a comprehensive coverage, although of varying quality. I certainly would not get a credit card for free lounge access,,,,

uk
reviews: 74
6. Re: Airport lounge access

That is my point though Froggy. If you travel with BA a lot and are getting a card to get access to lounges you'll be disappointed.

Priority Pass coverage is quite comprehensive but I have been in many airports recently (especially since loosing *A Gold with the demise of bmi) where I've been unable to access a lounge, CDG and MUC are two big ones that also have limited lounge coverage.

I agree, getting a credit card for lounge access isn't a great idea.

London, United...
7. Re: Airport lounge access

Yep, and it's a good point.

I do find it comes in handy, if I am travelling an airline I have no status with and my flight is delayed, then in many airports I can access a lounge ( but obviously not all). However many times, even with airline access, if flight on time,mI won't bother with the lounge and am happier to sit at the gate with a star bucks.

So yep, it needs to be looked at, in terms of where you fly, who with, and how often, versus the cost of the card.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Negril
reviews: 86
8. Re: Airport lounge access

We fly a lot and I have an AMEX PLat and an AMEX Delta Reserve which gets us in many lounges but as froggy said...it needs to be looked at, in terms of where you fly, who with, and how often, versus the cost of the card. These cards come at a cost but to us they are worth the expense.

Somerset, UK
reviews: 228
9. Re: Airport lounge access

If you take Amex Platinum (in the UK and many other places) you also get a Cathay Pacific Marco Polo card which gives access to any One World Alliance lounge any where in the world, providing you're flying a One World carrier. So that would give you access to LHR Terminal 5 lounges.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 53
10. Re: Airport lounge access

you also get a Cathay Pacific Marco Polo card which gives access to any One World Alliance lounge any where in the world

----------

Not quite, access to any business class lounge. Centurion comes with MPC Diamond which does give you access to all the first class lounges too (with a few exceptions)

Reply to: Airport lounge access
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted