We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Emirates

Male
reviews: 12
Emirates

When Emirates started flying to Maldives over 20 years ago service wise they were in a mess but they really tried to male things better and please their guests. In fact they went out of their way to please customers. Now? Their service is so degraded that everytime they answer a question it gives me the impression that fhey misled me on purpose: "yes Sir we gave u a seat with extra leg room" turns out to be a middle seat, no aisle no window and certainly no extra leg room. "Yes Sir, i left a note for my colleguaes at the check in"..... Yes, a note to give me the worse possible treatment.

Never again

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
reviews: 40
1. Re: Emirates

Oh dear! Why didnt you use Manage my booking to request a seat or even OLCI?

London, United...
reviews: 13
2. Re: Emirates

Sorry, but I have two questions. What is OLCI? What alternatives are there between UK and Male?

London, United...
reviews: 23
3. Re: Emirates

On line check in and lots of alternatives.

BA still goes direct, or you can use Turkish via Istanbul, etihad via Abu Dhabi, Qatar via Doha, there are many options .....

Edited: 5:32 pm, March 30, 2013
Manchester, England
4. Re: Emirates

You can't pre-book extra legroom seats on Emirates. They are allocated when you turn up at the airport.

Hong Kong, China
reviews: 134
5. Re: Emirates

but to save yourself the agony of a middle seat, you can select a specific aisle or window seat and then try to get better seat at check-in.

newcastle upon tyne
reviews: 121
6. Re: Emirates

Hard to believe some people still don't book their seats before they fly

Hong Kong, China
reviews: 134
7. Re: Emirates

The only people who I can understand who dont book their seats are like some of my family members who can't or won't use the Internet. However, as the OP is ranting on this site, no excuse :p

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 138
8. Re: Emirates

If you check out the Matrix website you'll see other airline options to the Maldives but i still think Emirates are one of the best.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 138
9. Re: Emirates

Sorry, forgot to post the link to the Matrix website.

http://matrix.itasoftware.com

Male
10. Re: Emirates

Of course I did book my seat online but since the lady at emirates office told me that she would anyway send a message I trusted I would find a better seating arrangement at the check in.

I have been a resident of Maldives for the last 31 years so I have flown back and forth to europe a fair few times. Haven't tried Turkish yet but out of all the other airlines Qatar gives the best service; unfortunately since they have started flying small aircrafts on both Male Doha and Doha europe sectors it is hardly worth it paying for the Business Class fare to seat in a glorified economy seat