We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

UPDATE Dry run to Gatwick British Airways..worth it !!

Croydon
reviews: 20
UPDATE Dry run to Gatwick British Airways..worth it !!

Some of you will have followed the saga of the Dunlop 20 ins case...and its measurements !! Well, hubby was not keen on taking it back to the shop for a refund, despite the advice from TA's here...However, we decided on a dry run to the airport, went to a BA member of staff who confirmed that the case did indeed fit the cage...and that was the criteria...sorted lol ! Also she very kindly pointed us in the direction of the clear plastic bags for liquids...which have caused some questions on other forums...those are given FREE at Gatwick...some people might want to know that..It was useful for us to get our bearings also...and do some people watching hehe....So in the end, that Dunlop case was truly a bargain...Now to get a refund on the more expensive case lol !! Cheers :)

Ayr, Scotland
reviews: 6
1. Re: UPDATE Dry run to Gatwick British Airways..worth it !!

Glad you have one less thing to worry about ;-)

southern england
reviews: 21
2. Re: UPDATE Dry run to Gatwick British Airways..worth it !!

I suspect any money you saved on that case was spent on parking charges at Gatwick :-)

Croydon
3. Re: UPDATE Dry run to Gatwick British Airways..worth it !!

No parking charges. Went on the train only 15 mins...cheap day return. Nice run out for my daughter too, as she has never seen an airport...so all good :)

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 125
4. Re: UPDATE Dry run to Gatwick British Airways..worth it !!

I can't believe you actually went to the airport on a dummy run, but it did make me laugh and glad you're no longer stressing about it.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 125
5. Re: UPDATE Dry run to Gatwick British Airways..worth it !!

Just to add, if you get time let us know how the real airport experience goes when you get back.

Watford, United...
reviews: 12
6. Re: UPDATE Dry run to Gatwick British Airways..worth it !!

Well done! Anything that makes a first time flyer more comfortable is worth it.

Madrid
reviews: 7
7. Re: UPDATE Dry run to Gatwick British Airways..worth it !!

No parking charges. Went on the train only 15 mins...cheap day return. Nice run out for my daughter too, as she has never seen an airport...so all good :)

Did you have to pay for the station car park or areyou close enough to walk?

London
reviews: 34
8. Re: UPDATE Dry run to Gatwick British Airways..worth it !!

>>> Nice run out for my daughter too, as she has never seen an airport...so all good <<<

This bit tickled me - but don't forget, in the 1950s a day out at Heathrow (then London) Airport to see the aeroplanes was a favourite weekend outing for many Londoners!

Manchester
reviews: 91
9. Re: UPDATE Dry run to Gatwick British Airways..worth it !!

your not the only one ! I did a dummy run with my bag a couple of years ago. Parking was free for 10 mins, so I ran in and out quick.

We used to have days out at the airport too, I used to love it.

Croydon
10. Re: UPDATE Dry run to Gatwick British Airways..worth it !!

That was the only thing that disappointed me Wirewiper, not seeing the planes take off lol !! ;)