We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

December/January flights from Australia - London

Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 14
December/January flights from Australia - London

I am planning a December 13-January 14 trip to London and beyond as a celebration for my daughter who'll be finishing Year 12. Flights so far seem much more expensive than I was expecting...is this normal? Will there be specials if I leave it for a couple of months is it as good as it's going to get? I would really appreciate any assistance. Thanks.

South Pole
reviews: 39
1. Re: December/January flights from Australia - London

yes fares go up around 9th dec departure and stay that was until around mid january.

dont expect specials for travel over the xmas/ny period.

look to depart earlier.

South Pole
reviews: 39
2. Re: December/January flights from Australia - London

there are some cheapish fares here up to 15th dec.

http://www.bestflights.com.au/

australia
reviews: 17
3. Re: December/January flights from Australia - London

Agreed leaving 3 days earlier on Royal Brunei you can get it for $1798 return each

London
4. Re: December/January flights from Australia - London

< leaving 3 days earlier on Royal Brunei...>

But they no longer fly from Brisbane, only Melbourne, so you'd need to add the cost of getting to and from Tullamarine to that fare.

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 19
5. Re: December/January flights from Australia - London

Fly EK from Melb to KUL (3.35am flight) have a 12 hr stop and then fly EY from KUL to LHR via Abu Dhabi. Then home on EY via AUH direct to syd/melb. Save a truckload in taxes

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 19
6. Re: December/January flights from Australia - London

Fly EK from Melb to KUL (3.35am flight) have a 12 hr stop and then fly EY from KUL to LHR via Abu Dhabi. Then home on EY via AUH direct to syd/melb. Save a truckload in taxes

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
reviews: 186
7. Re: December/January flights from Australia - London

Ek is a very good option pricewise.

australia
reviews: 17
8. Re: December/January flights from Australia - London

Sorry didn't notice the Brisbane bit but airlines do tend to up the fares from the 10th December

Australia
reviews: 74
9. Re: December/January flights from Australia - London

Whoever you go with at this time of year will be more expensive, yes.

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 185
10. Re: December/January flights from Australia - London

Agreed with the other posts. They prices will NOT get cheaper, only more expensive. There are HUGE expat communities in Oz and UK (swapping over) and everyone wants to go home for Xmas (I have lived in the UK for 6.5 years and have done the reverse return flight 5 times).

My advice :

- Look at any city out of OZ (don't limit the starting / returning outbound from Bris). Then get cheap connecting flights.

- Look as alternative destinations in Europe (I.e. fly into Paris / Rome / Frankfurt) then get a cheap onward flight through Easyjet / Ryanair etc to the UK

- Try different destinations in the UK (not just london, look at Manchester / Edinburgh etc). Very unlikely to get anything cheaper but can work sometimes

- Consider going a little earlier / later thank the 10th Dec - 20th Jan timeframe (and its going to be COLD)

Hope this helps.....