We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ryanair complete lack of humanity

Crediton, United...
Ryanair complete lack of humanity

I spent hours trying to book a flight with Ryanair, but my card kept being declined. I checked my balance, and used the card for another online purchase - no problem. So I tried deleting browsing history and cookies, then trying a different browser, then a different computer, then even a different card. Still no luck. Phoned Ryanair 3 times. Apart from telling me to delete the history (again!), they couldn't help. Worse: they refused point blank to let me make a phone booking without charging me ₤50 a head (= ₤200). But this kind of technical hitch does happen sometimes - a normal company just lets you book over the phone. But not Ryanair. The result? A different airline, different airports, doubled driving time in both countries, and ₤200 more to pay in any case. But at least Ryanair isn't getting that extra money. What nasty people.

Libertyville...
reviews: 33
1. Re: Ryanair complete lack of humanity

Not Ryanair's problem. It's your credit card company's bank that is preventing the payment. Call the credit card company, and speak to a live rep. They may be able to assist you in making the payment.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 31
2. Re: Ryanair complete lack of humanity

So you doubled your driving time, paid ₤200 more, and you never thought to call your ccard company to see if there was an issue with them? I mean, thousands of people a day buy from Ryanairs site without a hitch.

Seems like a tough way to get even with Ryanair.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 72
3. Re: Ryanair complete lack of humanity

Ah well console yourself in the fact that you don't need to fly with this crappy airline. Honestly its a blessing in disguise.

Worthing, United...
reviews: 11
4. Re: Ryanair complete lack of humanity

Hi

A two minute call to your card provider would have sorted this all out. What a kerfuffle because of one simple error. £200 and twice as much driving.

Net time this happens call the credit card company and give them hell not Ryanair.

Jackie

Nannup, Australia
reviews: 23
5. Re: Ryanair complete lack of humanity

At least 'complete lack of humanity' ( just a touch hyperbolic) is a change from 'poor customer service'.

Worthing, United...
reviews: 11
6. Re: Ryanair complete lack of humanity

Hi

Lack of humanity or customer service, the OP was contacting the wrong people. Contact the wrong people with the wrong question and wonder why you got the wrong answer.

There is only one person to blame here and that is the OP or maybe his credit card company. Ryanair gave the advice they could and knowing how computers can be set up it was probable that the operator couldn't have made the booking without the telephone charge being automatically added.

Jackie

reviews: 37
7. Re: Ryanair complete lack of humanity

It's not a lack of humanity from Ryanair, its a lack of common sense from the OP. 2 minute call to the card company. Problem solved

Crediton, United...
8. Re: Ryanair complete lack of humanity

Obviously I thought of contacting the card providers. But I also knew from experience that this involves up to an hour speaking to someone with fairly poor English. But this site isn't for reviewing banking services! And no one seems to have read my post properly: I tried two cards from different providers, and both cards functioned that day on other sites. The issue was a technical one with the Ryanair site. Haven't you ever had someone who just can't receive your emails (or vice versa)? Sometimes there is an inexplicable lack of communication. And whether I'm wrong or not - what about 'customer service'? I was upset, but you're a harsh bunch on here!

Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
9. Re: Ryanair complete lack of humanity

TA forums are also not for reviewing airlines.

reviews: 37
10. Re: Ryanair complete lack of humanity

The issue was a technical one with the Ryanair site

---

You have shown no proof of this.

On the contrary, that millions book every year with no issues on the site, its shows the probability is that is your card or computer.