We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Avoid CheapO air at all Cost - Terrible terrible company to

Toronto, Canada
Avoid CheapO air at all Cost - Terrible terrible company to

So, booked a flight for my wife from Kiev to Toronto through this company. BIG MISTAKE. As soon as there are problems, your on your own and they will NOT take care of you.

Due to snow storm, the airport in Kiev was shut down. Called CeapO well ahead of time to advise them of situation. They said that they don't have the info of closure and that I should call back in 24h. Call back, they say that they sent request but didn't hear back from airline to call back in 48h. Call back everyone is clueless still no word, tell me to call back in 24h. call back...finally get the manager on the phone, explain him everything, he tell me to call back in 24h lol!!! I tell him NO and few other not so polite words....I tell him I want REFUND and to forget my dealings with them like a nightmare.

He tells me to stay on the line for few mins....25min later, he says that the carrier is refusing to issue refund, but they can reschedule.....I say THANK YOU!! Why couldn't you do that from the start???....Silence.... so long story short he tells me that he will make all final arrangements and will send me an email with confirmation in next 2hours.....

Next day! NO EMAIL Call them, call them, call them.....5 days later still no rebooked flight and no refund.

On average, I spent 3hours each day on the phone with them. Ive been hung up on at least once each day.

Their Indian stuff is so incompetent, its not even funny.....makes you wonder why would any rational company want to save $$$ on the most important aspect of business CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Also, each day of my wife's stay in Kiev is costing me $200.

I also was just on conference call with CeapO rep and Transaero rep sorting out the issue and when transaero rep asked who they were speaking with when they initially contacted transaero for reissue, CeapO rep didn't even have and log notes.

This is the biggest nightmare that I've experienced or heard of.

MY biggest issue is that I dont understand why they couldnt just tell me the first day "sir, go ahead and purchase a new ticket and we will refund the money for this ticket"

If theres a quality control rep for CheapO here are some of the extension #s of employees I've dealt with

81421 - Manager

81456 - supervisor Ricky

87503 - Amy, very rude hung up

81356 - jason

There are more, but I didnt log them.

AVOID DOING BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!!!!

uk
reviews: 73
1. Re: Avoid CheapO air at all Cost - Terrible terrible company to

Sigh!

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 23
2. Re: Avoid CheapO air at all Cost - Terrible terrible company to

Why do you think your warning, which is just another in a long list, will stop those, no doubt including yourself, who are only interested in what they think is a low price and book with them without doing any research.

CheapoAir will continue in business simply because the world is full of gullible customers.

Watford, United...
reviews: 12
3. Re: Avoid CheapO air at all Cost - Terrible terrible company to

If theres a quality control rep for CheapO

=============

I think he's out having lunch with the tourism chief for Helmland Province, the head of co-ordination at CDG airport and the Cypriot Director of Finance.

Liverpool, UK
4. Re: Avoid CheapO air at all Cost - Terrible terrible company to

MrMarcos

"I think he's out having lunch with the tourism chief for Helmland Province, the head of co-ordination at CDG airport and the Cypriot Director of Finance."

LOL - I think the only thing I can say is it's unlikely that the Cypriot Director of Finance will be paying for lunch.

Watford, United...
reviews: 12
5. Re: Avoid CheapO air at all Cost - Terrible terrible company to

;-) YeahTom, and the CDG co-ordinator wouldn't be able to find the restaurant...

Mission, Canada
reviews: 100
6. Re: Avoid CheapO air at all Cost - Terrible terrible company to

Thank you for taking the time to tell us what your experience was like with this company. I met an airline stewardess on my Alaska Cruise and during our chatting, she mentioned that CheapOAir was a great company to deal with. So I thought the next time I take a trip I will go through them. But, thanks to you I'm definitely giving them a 'pass' now. Someone else said the world is full of gullible people so CheapOAir will stay in business, but I think more & more people are checking the internet for blogs and once warned, these companies will start to lose business. My only worry is that sure, they'll go out of business, but then they'll re-open again under a new name. Sigh. And so round and round we all go. PS Avoid Payless Car Rental wherever you go - they have the same 'customer NO-service'.

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 191
7. Re: Avoid CheapO air at all Cost - Terrible terrible company to

Doesn't the name give it away "Cheapo" in price, service, quality etc....You get what you pay for....

As has been said many times, book directly with the airlines, then you are far better covered....

se reg.
8. Re: Avoid CheapO air at all Cost - Terrible terrible company to

How unfortunate.

London, United...
9. Re: Avoid CheapO air at all Cost - Terrible terrible company to

Have to agree with savitar,,,at what point did the company name " cheapo" lull you into a false sense of security that this company would provide good customer service, and not just provide you with a cheap o ticket ( which was probably not cheap) and you not would be on your own for everything else.

You pays your money, you makes your choices. Maybe not be swayed by fake dollar sign savings next time. I guess a lesson learned.

Victoria, Canada
reviews: 2
10. Re: Avoid CheapO air at all Cost - Terrible terrible company to

I've used them three times, twice to California and once to Hawaii. Never had a problem. I am using them for my upcoming trip to Hawaii again on Monday. I hope everything works out. Allegiant Air on the other hand, I would run screaming from