We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse Hearhrow

Liverpool
reviews: 3
Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse Hearhrow

Sorry if this is a stupid question but if we are flying in economy on Virgin can we pay to go into the Clubhouse?

Reading some previous posts it seems that some people have but I don't know whether they were talking about the Virgin Lounge. I have spoke to Virgin who confirmed that the Clubhouse is for Upper Class only but the Virgin lounge is £60.

So to summarise:

Can we get into the Clubhouse?

If not is the Virgin Lounge worth £60 or do other lounges offer better value/facilities?

Many Thanks

Will

26 replies to this topic
Liverpool, UK
reviews: 14
1. Re: Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse Hearhrow

"Can we get into the Clubhouse?" - You've already had the answer to this "I have spoke to Virgin who confirmed that the Clubhouse is for Upper Class only"

"If not is the Virgin Lounge worth £60" - i prefer to sit in a lounge but for me it's free so it depends on how long you'll be spending at LHR, for a couple of hours I personally wouldn't pay but longer I might - it comes down to how much the £60 means to you.

Liverpool
2. Re: Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse Hearhrow

Cheers

It was just that reading a previous post it appeared that some people had and some people hadn't - I was probably lolling for someone to say: "yeah we paid £XX to get in last year" or "no mate we tried the same ourselves"

We'll have about 4 hours to kill in Heathrow and as we're getting a flight from Manchester we thought a lounge might be worth it - it's a special trip so the idea of cocktails/champagne (I'd be happy with a pint) etc. sounds good - although you get into lounges for free (how?), is there one in particular you would reccomend - T3 by the way.

Thanks

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 53
3. Re: Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse Hearhrow

although you get into lounges for free (how?)

________

Upper Class or be Flying Club Gold or fly one of the airlines that has an agreement to allow their status/premium passengers to use the Clubhouse.

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 14
4. Re: Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse Hearhrow

The pay lounges tend to limit access to 3 hrs but that would work for you - I can't recommend either of the 2 other pay lounges (Servisair or No 1 Lounge) but the Servisair is cheaper at around £18 per person whilst the No 1 Lounge is around £30 per person.

heathrowairport.com/heathrow-airport-guide/s…

York, England
reviews: 10
5. Re: Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse Hearhrow

Look on Virgin Atlantic website for the 'guest list' link. It allows passengers to pay for lounge access with limo transfer etc. not fully sure of the criteria but its worth a look. However, it isn't even close to being cheap.

Aberdeen, Scotland
reviews: 206
6. Re: Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse Hearhrow

T3 has been undergoing some major renovations over the past couple of years (not sure if they've finished yet?) but the past twice we've flown from there, trying to get a seat in the main area was fairly hard, so if you want some peace and quiet (and a seat!) before your flight then perhaps pay the money for the Servisair lounge.

There is a review of the No 1 Lounge here - ausbt.com.au/no1-traveller-london-heathrow-t…

South West UK
reviews: 12
7. Re: Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse Hearhrow

If your flight is booked through Virgin Holidays then you can get access to the clubhouse for £60 per person - irrespective of what class cabin you are flying.

Have done this a few times - only worth it if you are there over 3 hours - nice bit of luxury though :-)

JB

Edited: 12:42 pm, March 29, 2013
Liverpool
8. Re: Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse Hearhrow

Hi JB

Are you sure that's for the Clubhouse or for the lounge?

Thanks

South West UK
reviews: 12
9. Re: Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse Hearhrow

Definitely the Clubhouse

Flight has to be booked as part of a Virgin Holidays package though

virginholidays.co.uk/info/…clubhouse.aspx

JB

reviews: 8
10. Re: Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse Hearhrow

The only Virgin lounge at Heathrow is the Clubhouse.

Reply to: Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse Hearhrow
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted