We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone travelling to Del-Mel on 30th March with Thai

Launceston
reviews: 8
Anyone travelling to Del-Mel on 30th March with Thai

Hi

I am travelling with an infant on 30th March from DEL-MEL with Thai Airlines..I would like to know if anyone is travelling with 11:55 AM flight. I might get a helping hand??

Thanks

Kanika

Watford, United...
reviews: 12
1. Re: Anyone travelling to Del-Mel on 30th March with Thai

A helping hand with what? There should be ground staff to ask if you need help with anything.

Launceston
reviews: 8
2. Re: Anyone travelling to Del-Mel on 30th March with Thai

I would need help at Melbourne Airport to push my luggage trolley as I would have a stroller aswell.. And I have already checked with the airline plus airport, there is no assisstance at all..

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 53
3. Re: Anyone travelling to Del-Mel on 30th March with Thai

I think the chances of finding someone here on the same flight is microscopic.

www.nannyintheclouds.com was something I learned about recently, although I think it's a daft idea for reasons outlined in my first paragraph.

Watford, United...
4. Re: Anyone travelling to Del-Mel on 30th March with Thai

If it is at MEL I would assume it would be assistance from baggage reclaim through arrivals to ground transportation?

If so there will be lots of folks around baggage reclaim who I am sure will be willing to help if you ask politely.... They will probably offer if they see you are struggling.

London, United...
reviews: 23
5. Re: Anyone travelling to Del-Mel on 30th March with Thai

I don't think you will find anyone who will push your luggage through customs for you. So you probably need to put your case on a trolley and then either strap your child to your body in a sling, or if old enough sit your child in the bit at the front of the trolley, with the stroller folded up and on the trolley itself. A bit like you would with a supermarket trolley and a child.

I also think the odds of finding someone on here, on the same flight are minuscule, but maybe someone who has travelled solo with a child and luggage will help advise on how best to accomplish it.

As said, I think the only concern will be if you want someone to take your luggage through customs, and then where afterwards? Is someone meeting you airside?

Probably best to work out how to do it yourself, and if you find someone to push your trolley through,,then see it as a bonus.

Nannup, Australia
6. Re: Anyone travelling to Del-Mel on 30th March with Thai

There is no way I would push a stranger's luggage through the Customs process.

London, United...
7. Re: Anyone travelling to Del-Mel on 30th March with Thai

No, neither would i to be honestl

I would help take the bag from the belt, and I would help get everything in order on the trolley,m so the op could manage, but I would draw the line at taking the bag through customs and being further involved after this stage.

I'm sorry if that sounds harsh, but I think it would be pretty silly of someone,,who is approached at the airport by a stranger, and asked to push their bag through customs as they are pushing a stroller to say yes. No matter how easy it could be to clear up that it's not your bag and you really don't know the stranger, and the cocaine really isnt yours, it's a pretty silly thing to agree to in this day and age.

Best the op can work out another solution than ask strangers to do this.

Watford, United...
8. Re: Anyone travelling to Del-Mel on 30th March with Thai

I agree not through customs but help off the belt and organisation as froggy says, maybe after customs especially if the OP is not being met on arrival.

There may be a customs official who will be able to help the OP through customs. They always seem pretty helpful on that Border Security tv programme.

Either way the OP will get through one way or another and is not going to be left at the airport for the rest of their life.

UK
reviews: 89
9. Re: Anyone travelling to Del-Mel on 30th March with Thai

I would help take the bag from the belt, and I would help get everything in order on the trolley,m so the op could manage,

==========

In a foreign country, with the death penalty for drug smuggling, is it even wise to do that?

Lets hypothetically say the OP is searched at customs and drugs are found "oh its not me they say, it must be that person who helped me with my luggage" and they look through the CCTV and now your picture is displayed as a potential suspect wanted for questioning. Suppose the drugs are in an external pocket, they have a nice ready excuse for how someone else must have done it.

Watford, United...
10. Re: Anyone travelling to Del-Mel on 30th March with Thai

I wonder how the OP got on?