We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airasia add- ons.

Adelaide S.A.
reviews: 78
Airasia add- ons.

I booked flights with airasia and added on baggage, meals, entertainment console , pick your seat ,and transport from the airport to KL sentral on their bus. On my print out all the above are listed but not the bus. Is this normal or has something gone wrong with my booking. I can see I have paid for the bus. Thank-you for any assistance.

Nannup, Australia
reviews: 23
1. Re: Airasia add- ons.

<<I booked flights with airasia and added on baggage, meals, entertainment console , pick your seat >>

Sorry, not to answer your question, but did you do a comparison cost with Malaysia Airlines? I'd be interested to see how close the 2 final prices were.

sydney
reviews: 75
2. Re: Airasia add- ons.

last time we flew to kl with AA we just showed them our ticket printout

Adelaide S.A.
3. Re: Airasia add- ons.

I flew with Malaysia airlines last year from Adelaide to HCMC Vietnam (via KL) and return from Hanoi to Adelaide (via KL). The cost was $840. The timing of the flights where good and the service was fine. Nothing to complain about no dramas no high expectations, would fly with them again. When I returned home it was back on line looking for our next holiday booking. This time we decided to stay in KL and Malaysia but I could not get a decent price. The price was around $1500 just Ad to KL return. After checking every day for a couple of months I ended up booking with Air Asia. I got Melbourne to Kl for $516 for 2, which included 20k luggage for one of us (we only travel with one suitcase between us with never more than 17kilos in it) Picked a standard seat each (the two together where the aircraft changes to 2-3-2 formation) and a meal and the bus form the airport to KL sentral, and a thingy to watch movies on for my husband cos he likes it and I would rather try and sleep. (The airasia flight is overnight) I booked the Ad to Melb part using points so that did not cost us anything( sort of! ) Anyway long story short if I could of got a good fare with Malyasia Airlines I would of grabbed it but at the time I was looking they wanted way too much compared to what I had paid before. I have never flowen airasia before this will be the first time and we have 5 flights booked with them now. Melb-KL, KL to Penang, Langkawi to Penang, Penang to KL, KL to Denpassar...so I will soon know if I love them or hate them!. By the way the flights with AA from Langkawi to Penang ( cheaper than catching the ferry) and KL to Penang return cheaper than the bus. Each domestic fare icluding baggage and paying to pick my seat was under $24.

(

Adelaide S.A.
4. Re: Airasia add- ons.

@thmoore...don,t suppose you remember if it stated the bus on your print out. The second page of my print out states the luggage, meals and entertainment console but no mention of the bus.

Adelaide S.A.
5. Re: Airasia add- ons.

@Numbat...just did a dummy run with Malaysia Airlines for our dates again and they want $804 for a one way Adelaide to KL. We paid $258 each and even adding a melbourne flight on come out way ahead. Malyasia does leave at a better time and is direct but.....over $500 saving with AA! We are coming home after a week in Bali with Virgin as they are the only ones who fly direct to Adelaide for $401.00 booked about 7 months ago. Also the flight from KL to Denpassar with AA was $60 including meal and luggage and picking seat. like I said have never flown with them before so am keeping everything crossed :)

Edited: 6:35 am, March 28, 2013
australia
reviews: 17
6. Re: Airasia add- ons.

>>>>By the way the flights with AA from Langkawi to Penang ( cheaper than catching the ferry) and KL to Penang return cheaper than the bus. Each domestic fare icluding baggage and paying to pick my seat was under $24. <<<<

We flew AirAsia KL-Penang- Kota Kinabalu-KL and found them good, really just like catching a bus a couple of delays, don't expect too much and you will be fine (the seat are close like buses too!)

Nannup, Australia
reviews: 23
7. Re: Airasia add- ons.

weary - thanks for that. Always interesting to see how the comparisons stack up when you add all the extras to the low base fare. Looks you've come out in front. Have a great trip.

Adelaide S.A.
8. Re: Airasia add- ons.

Sounds good...why I ended up flying was to save time more than anything. Would have liked to take the bus except it takes too long(6 hours) compared to a 1 hour flight ( as long as it is not delayed of course) The one thing I have been mindful in booking airasia flights tho is not to have another flight on the same day...just in case. Going over to Langkawi we did opt for the ferry for a change( even tho it is a 3 hour trip) and coming home with AA its only 1/2 hour.

sheffield
reviews: 2
9. Re: Airasia add- ons.

Have you looked on your invoice to see if you had been charged. Trying to remember, but had a similer problem last year, chose seat and bus, but bus not on list. Took my invoice to the bus desk and they stamped my invoice and off I went.

Edited: 3:50 pm, March 28, 2013
10. Re: Airasia add- ons.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, March 30, 2014