We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

George Bush International

Norfolk England
reviews: 78
George Bush International

Hi

Have a flight booked from LHR in May (Thursday 2.30pm eta) into IAH and having read immigration has taken a turn for the worst as far as lines go, I was hoping someone has been through recently who could tell me how long I could expect to wait.

I have been through here a couple of times before and remember long queue's then, about 1 hour or so, but reading now 2 to 3 !! Please no!!!

Thanks

Clive

Houston, Texas
reviews: 169
1. Re: George Bush International

It really depends on how many international flights arrive at the same time. I returned from Moscow last week and was in line for about 30 minutes. Things moved pretty fast, but there are no guarantys. I've never waited longer than an hour.

Lake Crystal...
reviews: 13
2. Re: George Bush International

Paging GeoMedic. GeoMedic to the help line, please.

Or Jim. ;)

Edited: 7:04 pm, March 27, 2013
Norfolk England
3. Re: George Bush International

Hi

bump

No one? Lot's on MIA

Clive

Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse
reviews: 70
4. Re: George Bush International

Clive do you have a connection you have to make? If so, how long have you got as a layover?

Norfolk England
5. Re: George Bush International

Hi

No, but I want to pick up a rental car and drive to Vinton. I was hoping to get there for dinner, around 6pm. It's such a long travelling day from London last thing anyone needs is to stand in line hour after hour. I do feel sorry for people with connections, so stressful.

Clive

Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse
reviews: 70
6. Re: George Bush International

The best tip that I can give you which is something you may be able to do is to get a seat closest to the front of the plane as possible and then make a focused attempt to get to immigration quickly (no "washroom breaks" on the way) - while this won't help you if there are lots of other international arrivals at the same time, it will put you ahead of most of the other passengers on your plane.

I never make time commitments on the day I travel for just this reason - between flight delays, immigration queues, waiting for a rental car, etc., I just never know when I am going to get out of any airport...

Norfolk England
7. Re: George Bush International

Hi

Yes, thanks, just have to cross our fingers and hope our plane does not land around the same time as a load of others.

As for being "up front", if only! I'm araid we have to travel cattle class, ha ha.

Clive

Edited: 2:58 pm, March 30, 2013
Liverpool, UK
reviews: 24
8. Re: George Bush International

Don't know if this will help but if you only have carry on luggage then IAH offers a "One Stop" service that would get you out of the airport quicker.

http://www.fly2houston.com/OneStop

Norfolk England
9. Re: George Bush International

Hi

Thanks Tom but it's not a connection, we will be collecting our bags.

Clive

Sunnyvale...
Destination Expert
for San Jose
reviews: 96
10. Re: George Bush International

I haven't seen any big deal in the lines for holders of US passports.

I don't know how the other lines do.