We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Twilight Check in LGW

London, United...
reviews: 3
Twilight Check in LGW

Hi

Just a quick question....

We are planning on using VA twilight check in at LGW.

Once we have boarding passes, anyone know if it s possible to pass through security to do a bit of wandering / shopping / eating then being able to go back "out" to hotel or do they stop you going through " a certain number of hours" before your flight.....

Cheers

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 42
1. Re: Twilight Check in LGW

They wouldn't let you through. If they did, you'd be there until your flight. Once you go through security to airside you can't just walk out again!

London, United...
2. Re: Twilight Check in LGW

Ah thank you for the response.

Beccles, United...
reviews: 35
3. Re: Twilight Check in LGW

Tried the twilight check in a few times when we've stayed at the Gatwick Hilton the night before an early flight, don't know if it was just coincidence, but every time our luggage was almost the last to come out at the other end.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
reviews: 74
4. Re: Twilight Check in LGW

"Once you go through security to airside you can't just walk out again!"

Why not? Is this something specific to LGW? I've been back and forth at other airports with no problems.

madeira
Destination Expert
for Funchal, Madeira, Madeira Islands
reviews: 29
5. Re: Twilight Check in LGW

your luggage is first on, so last off (usually)

JAtlanta - I don't know of any airport which allows you to walk in and out of airside- once through security to airside that's it, unless you have a special pass to accompany someone onto a flight.

romford
6. Re: Twilight Check in LGW

Agree with flowercity .... I've never flown from any UK or any other airport for that matter, which allows you to have the flexibility to go to/fro once you have been through airside.

London
reviews: 31
7. Re: Twilight Check in LGW

@JAtlanta. Many airports in Europe use software to recognise whether a passenger is 'airside'. If you've been registered as going into the airside area, then left again, when you attempt to re-enter the airside area your boarding card will be rejected as you'll be registered as 'already airside'.

Llandudno North...
reviews: 17
8. Re: Twilight Check in LGW

Having never tried to leave once being airside I'm not sure how it works exactly. But I can't remember ever seeing an exit where you could leave once airside.

Im not sure you could get out without going back the wrong way through security where you came in.

:-)

Winchester, UK
reviews: 14
9. Re: Twilight Check in LGW

You can't pass back from airside. But there are loads of shops and restaurants in the airport that you can use, if you want. Or take the train to Crawley - 5 mins away - where there are loads of eateries, cinema, etc.

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 42
10. Re: Twilight Check in LGW

Definitely not just a LGW thing lol!