We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

United economy plus

Massachusetts
reviews: 58
United economy plus

Do all economy plus seats on United have extra inches of legroom? I checked my flights on seatguru.com and they show the same pitch as economy on 2 legs if my flights.

10 replies to this topic
Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Travel Gadgets and Gear
reviews: 192
1. Re: United economy plus

Well, they should and I've not encountered anything differently. I would also not put 100% confidence in the data on SeatGuru.

Iowa
reviews: 18
2. Re: United economy plus

We recently returned from Hawaii to the Midwest via San Francisco and Denver. The E+ seats from Honolulu to SFO had the extra room which made a pleasant flight. We paid for E+ on the SFO to Denver leg as well, but if there was any extra room, it was tiny. Not comfortable at all. A waste of money. It seemed no better than the non-E+ leg from Denver to Omaha.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
3. Re: United economy plus

>> Do all economy plus seats on United have extra inches of legroom? <<

The answer is yes. It can vary between 3" and 5" depending in the aircraft. Interestingly, the shortest E+ legroom is the 3" (34" total) on the 747.

Which aircraft are you booked on?

Edited: 11:43 pm, March 26, 2013
South Pole
reviews: 39
4. Re: United economy plus

yes but that 3" on 747 turns into 3' three quarters of the way across the pacific with another 4 hours to go.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
5. Re: United economy plus

Don't disagree with that lien. 34" is away better than 31" (which I have to endure on Lufthansa 747s when flying out of Bangalore).

On United 747s I go for the exit row, as it's 5-6 feet of actual legroom. For some reason I can always get it, as most pax shy away from the middle seat (even there) which I lap up with glee.

The question from the OP was does E+ always provide extra legroom, which it does.

Post #2 doesn't tally; maybe the E+ was less extra legroom on SFO-DEN than the earlier flight? Or perhaps SFO-DEN was a United Express RJ, with possibly no E+ (a CRJ200?). In which case you should contact United and ask for a refund of your E+ fee. I don't know (as I don't work for United) but I'm just thinking for any plausible explanation.

Iowa
6. Re: United economy plus

I'm fairly certain it was a 737 and I know positively we paid extra for E+. I will contact United requesting a refund. Thanks.

Seattle, Washington
reviews: 85
7. Re: United economy plus

UA does not refund for E+, especially if you had an E+ seat.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
8. Re: United economy plus

KauaiFan,

Ahh, the 737. Not all 737s have had the E+ refit yet. They come from the Continental side of the merger and about 15-20% are still awaiting refit. On those planes the only E+ are the bulkhead and exit rows, and there are of course very few of those seats.

It's possible that the plane scheduled to operate your flight did have E+ but was then swapped at the last minute for a non E+ aircraft. If that's the case then you should most definitely get a refund of your E+ fee.

Edited: 10:09 am, March 27, 2013
Iowa
9. Re: United economy plus

#7 -- On seat selection I viewed E+ seats and paid the extra. We've flown United E+ before on more than one type of plane. The seats we had were not E+ sized.

#8 -- I think the substitution of another plane is probably what happened -- no, we didn't have bulkhead or exit row seats -- so I will contact United about a refund.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained!

10. Re: United economy plus

This just happened to me from LAS to DEN. Some of the Continental 737's have not been configured with E+. I submitted an E+ refund since they changed the plane from my time of booking to when I flew.

Reply to: United economy plus
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted