We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

British Airways Luggage Allowance

Somerton, United...
reviews: 9
British Airways Luggage Allowance

Hey guys,

I have just check our luggage allowance and it says there is a hold baggage and hand baggage that I can bring with me but I am not sure the difference of the two. Does that mean I am entitle to bring one main luggage that can be checked in and a hand luggage plus hand bag that I can bring with on the plane?

Help!!!

Aberdeen, Scotland
reviews: 211
1. Re: British Airways Luggage Allowance

You can put 1 bag* in the hold that is up to 23kg (you can go over but you have to pay a fee). BA also lets you take another bag onto the plane as hand luggage that is up to 23kg in weight but you have to be able to lift it up into the overhead lockers by yourself. Oh and on top of that you are allowed a personal item too ie a handbag, laptop bag but that has to go under the seat in front.

Hope that helps you. :)

* Depending on what class and where you are flying from you can get more than 1 bag.

Edited: 4:29 pm, March 26, 2013
Somerton, United...
2. Re: British Airways Luggage Allowance

So all in all I can bring 3 bags with me? It says we're on Euro Traveller class Im guessing thats Economy Class?

Aberdeen, Scotland
reviews: 211
3. Re: British Airways Luggage Allowance

Yes that is their definition of economy and yes, you can get up to 3 bags but the personal one can't be too big.

Watford, United...
reviews: 12
4. Re: British Airways Luggage Allowance

Queen of South - 1 checked bag, 1 hand luggage and 1 personal item.

1) Checked Bag - Your checked bag should be no more than 23kg. The maximum dimensions of the bag are 90cm x 75cm x 43cm (35.5in x 29.5in x 16 in), including the handle, pockets and wheels.

2) Hand Luggage - Your main piece of hand baggage is up to the dimensions 56cm x 45cm x 25cm (22in x 18in x 10in), including the handle, pockets and wheels. Your bag must fit into the bag gauge, available at the check-in area.

3) Personal Item - Your laptop or handbag is up to the dimensions 45cm x 36cm x 20cm (18in x 14in x 8in), including the handle and pockets.

Your laptop or handbag must fit under the seat in front of you.

Edited: 4:49 pm, March 26, 2013
Somerton, United...
5. Re: British Airways Luggage Allowance

Thank you very much!!!

6. Re: British Airways Luggage Allowance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 28, 2014