We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airline Alliance Multi-Stops help

Preston, Lancashire
reviews: 8
Airline Alliance Multi-Stops help

I am looking at some multi-stop flights to australia from the UK via Asia. I am not dead set on a route but i have some places i know i want to visit. Emirates and Malaysian are offering some very good prices but obviously you have to stick to their their specific routings to keep the costs down.

I am aware of airline alliances such as oneworld, skyteam and star alliance that offer round the world flights and regional airpasses through various routes due to the ability to use a combination of airlines.

Is it possible to get a similar set up to this that does not involve having to go all the way round world?

Detroit, MI
Destination Expert
for Detroit, Travel Gadgets and Gear
1. Re: Airline Alliance Multi-Stops help

Booking directly with the airline will usually keep you within the alliance and on one ticket. If you go to BA.com they will tend to book you only on One World partners, and will usually have BA flight numbers. Even if the flight is operated by Qantas it will have a BA number, for example. KLM.com will keep you in Skyteam and so on. There is no need to book an around the world, or even a round trip flight.

Preston, Lancashire
reviews: 8
2. Re: Airline Alliance Multi-Stops help

thanks for your help. I have been having some difficulties though. For instance, qantas and emirates have a code-share. Using emirates multi-stop option. Emirates fly from Bangkok to Sydney direct and from Singapore to Melbourne

Qantas fly from Singapore to Sydney. I would like to fly in a loop from BKK - SYD- SIN using both airlines. However, the emirates site tries to take me BKK- SYD(-Melbourne) - SIN . I want to combine both of their routes to make a more simple and hopefully cheaper one

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
3. Re: Airline Alliance Multi-Stops help

Oneworld's Circle Trip Explorer is just the ticket: oneworld.com/flights/…

Edited: 5:04 pm, March 26, 2013
buenos aires...
reviews: 85
4. Re: Airline Alliance Multi-Stops help

Last October, I flew round trip to The U.S. From California I flew to Singapore and returned back to the U.S. from Bangkok. All of the flights that I took to and from Malaysia, Cambodia and Vietnam were mostly on Air Asia. Some of the fares that I got on their website were unbelievably low. All flights were excellent.

5. Re: Airline Alliance Multi-Stops help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 28, 2014